Question

Student
jacksoge
Message 1 of 6 (3,183 Views)

cannot install hp photosmart b110 drivers

tried to install Photosmart b110 driver

once downloaded it fails installation with message "cannot find file specified" and file name is hpqbhp01

Can anyone assist?

Student
JoeDreamer
Message 2 of 6 (3,072 Views)

Re: cannot install hp photosmart b110 drivers

jacksoge wrote:

once downloaded it fails installation with message "cannot find file specified" and file name is hpqbhp01

Can anyone assist?

I had the similar problems and today found the solution as follows:

- Once you failed the installtion, go to your temporary directory (e.g., C:\Users\YOUR_USERID\AppData\Local\Temp).

- Identify a directory where all installation files are extracted (e.g., 7zXXX); it includes subdirectories like 'drivers', 'help', 'images', 'setup'.

- Go to 'setup' subdirectory and copy all executable files.

OK, that was the preparation for the second installation.

- Try installation again with either a downloaded setup file or new running of setup wizard.

- Once a dialog pop up, select "Install recommended software", agree the user licenses(?) and select interface (USB or wireless).

- (Important) Before starting actual installation, again go to the temporary directory and identify a setup directory but with the latest one (i.e., see "Date modified" column) in the explorer window.

- Go to that directory (with a similar but a different name from the 1st failed installation) and paste the copied executables.

- Now, you are ready to click the installation button and the said error message (i.e., cannot find ...) will be gone.

Hope it helps!

Joe

Student
cetinn
Message 3 of 6 (2,973 Views)

The model number HP Photosmart B110.

Method 1:
You may refer to the below links and use the troubleshooters. Check if it lists and helps resolve any issues: Open the Printer troubleshooter:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

Method 2:
You may check if you have the latest drivers installed for the device. You may refer to the below link for getting the latest drivers and check.
HP Photosmart B110 Driver

Good Luck.

Honor Student
Richlongtimer
Message 4 of 6 (2,267 Views)

These instructions did not work for me. 

I did find a link that may help some folks: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup-e-g-Windows-8/Error-reinstalling-HP-C3...

This instructions at the link did not work for me. I did get around the problem though. Here is the text I posted on another thread:

I've been fighting this issue now for a while on my HP touchsmart using Windows 7 with my Photosmart C410. I finally made a determination to deal with this problem today once and for all. From what I can pick up in various readings, the problem itself is not HP specific. It may be a Windows file that is missing. The missing or corrupted file can lead to all sorts of other issues, many much more severe.

There are a few sites that offered suggestions to correct the problem, but in the end, it the file is truly missing or corrupted, none of these were going to work. I found a couple of sites that offered "scan" programs that would supposedly correct the problem, but who knows what their "scan" program would actually do? I certainly did not trust the idea of their scan programs after reading that the "missing" file in some cases is infected.

So what did I do? For me, I stopped using the printer install software I downloaded from HP. Instead, after being sure that everything was uninstalled (further instructions below), I used my install disk that came with the printer. It installed without any problems! The printer and all related software is working fine for me now.

As to the uninstall, after doing the uninstall using control panel->programs and features, I still had the problem using the downloaded printer install software. I then followed the instructions at the following link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup-e-g-Windows-8/Error-reinstalling-HP-C3... though I did not find an "L3uninstall.exe". I ran similarly named .bat file instead. It seemed to be doing cleanup, however, after rebooting the result was the same as before. This is when I went to the original install disk.

Student
bwanajg
Message 5 of 6 (1,150 Views)

JoeDreamer wrote:

jacksoge wrote:

Can anyone assist?

I had the similar problems and today found the solution as follows:

- Once you failed the installtion, go to your temporary directory (e.g., C:\Users\YOUR_USERID\AppData\Local\Temp).

- Identify a directory where all installation files are extracted (e.g., 7zXXX); it includes subdirectories like 'drivers', 'help', 'images', 'setup'.

- Go to 'setup' subdirectory and copy all executable files.

OK, that was the preparation for the second installation.

- Try installation again with either a downloaded setup file or new running of setup wizard.

- Once a dialog pop up, select "Install recommended software", agree the user licenses(?) and select interface (USB or wireless).

- (Important) Before starting actual installation, again go to the temporary directory and identify a setup directory but with the latest one (i.e., see "Date modified" column) in the explorer window.

- Go to that directory (with a similar but a different name from the 1st failed installation) and paste the copied executables.

- Now, you are ready to click the installation button and the said error message (i.e., cannot find ...) will be gone.

Hope it helps!

Joey

Thanks very much Joe. Spent half a day trying to install printer and kept failing until I came across this post and followed instructions. I copied all the files from folder setup and created a new folder in Temp called setup with all the files pasted. Worked a treat. Thanks. You would think HP would prevent this problem occurring by creating the folder correctly themselves.  I suppose it was an error in the installation file.

Student
eldub
Message 6 of 6 (734 Views)

Have been having the same issue, tried the copying files technique but no joy.

I then tried with my internet connection switched off, this allows the installer to complete so it looks like the update sequence is causing the problem. So HP, you might want to look at this to fix the issue....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation