Question

Tutor
DDDiane
Message 1 of 19 (223 Views)

computer doesn't see printer

I have Windows 7 and an HP Photosmart D110 [fpu:  CN731-64003] and I can't print.  My husband will remove all HP drivers, reinstall the driver, run a test print, and then it won't print again.  Reinstalling to get one page printed is old.

I can't print from any program.

I can't scan.

My Photoshop Elements says it can't detect my printer.

I can copy things.

I have a network here and the other computers on the network or WiFi I think that's the right term - do print.  Just my desktop does not print.

The print jobs go to the driver and say pending and just sit there.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 19 (196 Views)

Re: computer doesn't see printer

Hi DDDiane,

I understand you are unable to communicate to your printer form your desktop although other computers on the network can. Please use the following document to troubleshoot the issue; 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Does Not Print: Windows 7

I hope this helps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
DDDiane
Message 3 of 19 (169 Views)

We've already reinstalled a couple of times.  Works for 24 hours or less, then same problem.

There was some utility I found on some page in these forums which I ran and the thing worked for 3 days, even scanned!, but then the scanning stopped and I'm back to annoyed.

There were some updates and it was late.  If I can find the link I'll try again and see.... but I see from these forums that others have these problems and I am told my friend's Dell doesn't, so I am thinking HP dropping is the answer.

Have to figure where and that driver and do that again.  Drag.

Tutor
DDDiane
Message 4 of 19 (167 Views)

pretty sure it was:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

HP Print and Scan Doctor : Quickly resolves many printing and scanning errors, network connection problems, and driver issues. Depending on your printer, solves jams and carriage stalls, checks ink levels, and troubleshoots print quality issues. Available for Windows XP and later.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 5 of 19 (136 Views)

Hi DDDiane,

I can imagine your frustration and truly would like to help. Let's try doing something a little different.

1. Hold down the Windows Logo key () on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type %temp%
  2. Delete all files and folders from the temp folder. Choose skip if any pop ups appear saying any of the files could not be deleted
  3. Download the software and choose to save as, save to desktop > HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer - D110a software and driver
  4. After the software downloads and extracts, open the temp folder again, use the instructions from step 1.
  5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
  6. Open folder Util
  7. Open folder CCC
  8. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe
  9. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
  10. Follow these steps to reset the registry settings and options for Windows Installer.

• Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box
    • In the Open box, type msiexec /unregister, and then click OK.
    • Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box
    • In the Open box, type msiexec /regserver, and then click OK
       *Note: there is a space between the c and the /

If you have any difficulty with this step, please use this link to perform it another way. Restarting Windows Installer

11. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tool < How to Delete files using Disk Cleanup
  12. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
  13. Restart the computer
  14. Use the following steps to delete the printer from device and printers, and the driver from the server properties.

1. In the ‘Devices and Printers’ folder

2. Choose ‘Print server properties’.

• Win XP – With no printer selected, click ‘File’ then ‘Server Properties’.
    • Windows Vista – With no printer selected, press ‘Alt’ then click ‘File’ then ‘Server Properties’.
    • Windows 7/8 and 8.1 – Select any printer in the ‘Devices and Printers’ folder and click ‘Print Server properties’ above.

3. Click on the ‘Drivers’ tab at the top of ‘Print server properties’ window

4. Choose the printer you want to uninstall and click ‘Remove’

5. Choose 'Remove driver only'

6. The next screen will give a warning, letting you know that deleting the driver package will remove it from the system. Click ‘Yes’ to say that you are sure you want to do this.

Note: If the driver is not there, proceed to the next step.

15. Download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows < click here to run the utility.

The HP Printer Install Wizard for Window was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

Please let me know the outcome of these effort. I know from your description that you have managed to get it working before but the solution is short lived. If this resolves the issue and the issue reoccurs not long after, let me know right away so I can continue to work with you. Thanks for your patience and perseverance.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
DDDiane
Message 6 of 19 (131 Views)

Thank you for your help.

Steps 1 and 2 are clear, but step 3 "download the software" - what software?  Do I run HPPSdr.exe at that point, some other software?

(Was away for the weekend, am trying to scan my driver's license to apply for a job, can't.)

-- Diane

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 7 of 19 (129 Views)

Hi DDDiane,

Sorry for the confusion.

Download the software and choose to save as, save to desktop > HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer - D110a software and driver < click here :smileyhappy:

You are downloading the software for your D110 simply to use the extraction to complete a comprehensive uninstall. As you work your way through each step you will in the end re-install the software using the Printer Install wizard.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
DDDiane
Message 8 of 19 (111 Views)

I hate to be pendantic or sound obtuse, but I'm going to believe you meant:

Click on this link and then Download the software and choose to save as, save to desktop > HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer - D110a software and driver < click here :smileyhappy:

and I'll try that.

Tutor
DDDiane
Message 9 of 19 (104 Views)

OK, I can't exactly do 3, but I did download and run PS-AIO_07_D110.....exe

And then I get to the uninstaller and I don't have either of those, I do have CCC_Uninstaller and will do that.

-- Diane

Tutor
DDDiane
Message 10 of 19 (103 Views)

That didn't do anything noticeable.

-- Diane

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation