Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
officejet 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my firmware updated and now 2 sided copy/print is the default. this is very annyoing ! i dont use 2 sided printing.  how do you change this stupid setting to default to single sided printing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi itakexrays,

You are right! My apologies. After setting the 1 Sided Original 1 Sided Copy option, select Settings, bottom left corner. Now you will see up and down arrows in the upper right corner. Keep pressing the down arrow until you see Set as New Defaults

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this helps! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @itakexrays,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you are trying to change to 1-sided printing as the default on your HP Officejet 8600 printer. I am happy to look into this for you! 

Go to print driver preferences (Start->Control Panel -> Right click on the Printer and select 'None' under print both sides option.

1. Select the Layout tab.
    Figure : Layout tab
    Image: Layout tab
  2. On the Print on Both Sides Manually option, select Flip on Long Edge or Flip on Short Edge.
    Figure : Duplex printing options
    Image: Select under Print on Both Sides Manually

Source: Printing and Changing Print Settings (Windows).

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this resolves your issue, and have a nice day! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

i am sorry , the defallt for copies is set to 2 sided, not printing from my copmuter.

I dont know how it got like that. i only cope one sided docs, but it always flips them and copies a blank side.

i know i can manually change it to one sided, but why isnt that the default ?

HP Recommended

Hi itakexrays,

Thank you for your reply! 

On the home screen on the printer's display select Copy -> Look for Two Sided -> Select 1 Sided Original 1 Sided Copy. After this go back to the Copy screen and scroll until you see Set as New Defaults

This should allow for 1-sided copying to be the default again. 

Hope these steps resolve your issue, and have a nice day! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

there is no scrolling on the copy menu ,  there is no option that says set as default. it automatically goes back to the copy menu after i select 1to1 sided but the next time i go to copy its back to 2 sided

HP Recommended

Hi itakexrays,

You are right! My apologies. After setting the 1 Sided Original 1 Sided Copy option, select Settings, bottom left corner. Now you will see up and down arrows in the upper right corner. Keep pressing the down arrow until you see Set as New Defaults

Hope this helps! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

thank you

HP Recommended

I have same problem, on my Mac

MacOS ver. 10.12.1 (Sierra)

I cannot see where to configure default printing settings ?

I logon to printer LAN website - cannot find it.

I need the printer NOT to print 2-sided as default.

I cannot configure default settings from computer printer menu.

Please help

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 15.58.40.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 16.10.08.png

HP Recommended

@Asglar

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I read your post and understand that you have an HP OfficeJet 8600 printer and would like the printer not to print 2-sided as default. I'd like to help you with this case. 

I suggest you to refer to this link which contains detailed steps changing print settings in Mac (including duplex printing): http://hp.care/2gL7XWK

If you do not find the options for duplex printing in your Mac then please reset the printing system by viewing this video: http://hp.care/2gLf5lO

Once the printing system is reset,you may look for the duplex printing option again. Let me know how it goes. Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.