01-17-2011 12:05 PM
I recently bought and installed the HP Desket 1050 j410. It was working for awhile (a couple of weeks), but now, my computer won't even recognize that I have the printer installed. If I run the HP deskjet 1050 j410 software, it says connect the USB cable to the printer and computer. I have done this and the HP software did not detected my printer. I have also tried to run HP Scan and it works just fine. What can I do to fix this?
01-19-2011 04:02 AM
I have exactly the same problem. At the screen it says connect the printer, i have it plugged in but nothing happens. Its done its alignment scans etc. The computer beeps to say its recognised somethings connected. I think it may have even set up some kind of device driver automatically but trying to instal it, theres no joy. Can't scan as it says nothings installed, can't print i have some pending. I hope someone answers your post mate.
03-24-2011 03:37 PM
just brought this printer HP Deskjet 1050 j410, thought is was a good deal and currently I am so fed up, was on the phone with tech support for 2 1/2 hrs, uninstalled and reinstalled several times, STILL NOT PRINTING....read 2 comments concerning the same issue...so totally upset at this point.....up until now have been pleased with hp products but this did it, can anyone advise on how to fix
03-26-2011 07:33 PM
go to start > control panel > printer folder
1. delete the icon of your printer
2. make sure that the usb cable is plugged-in to the computer
3. turn the printer off
4. turn on the printer
5. restart the computer
check again your folder and see if there would be a new icon for your printer
"I may not be the best of help there is, but at least i would try my best to give you a reply on your questions"
Please Click the KUDOS button as a sign of "thanks"
For Other Questions or Informations email me @ email@example.com
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS