Question

Student
edmundwho
Message 1 of 5 (3,310 Views)

deskjet 1050 j410

Hi,

I recently bought and installed the HP Desket 1050 j410.  It was working for awhile (a couple of weeks), but now, my computer won't even recognize that I have the printer installed.  If I run the HP deskjet 1050 j410 software, it says connect the USB cable to the printer and computer.  I have done this and the HP software did not detected my printer.  I have also tried to run HP Scan and it works just fine.  What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,

Student
mrpdpurcell
Message 2 of 5 (3,272 Views)

Re: deskjet 1050 j410

I have exactly the same problem. At the screen it says connect the printer, i have it plugged in but nothing happens. Its done its alignment scans etc. The computer beeps to say its recognised somethings connected. I think it may have even set up some kind of device driver automatically but trying to instal it, theres no joy. Can't scan as it says nothings installed, can't print i have some pending. I hope someone answers your post mate.

Student
willism45
Message 3 of 5 (3,013 Views)

just brought this printer HP Deskjet 1050 j410, thought is was a good deal and currently I am so fed up, was on the phone with tech support for 2 1/2 hrs, uninstalled and reinstalled several times, STILL NOT PRINTING....read 2 comments concerning the same issue...so totally upset at this point.....up until now have been pleased with hp products but this did it, can anyone advise on how to fix

Grad Student
dre1023
Message 4 of 5 (2,990 Views)

try this:

go to start > control panel > printer folder

1. delete the icon of your printer

2. make sure that the usb cable is plugged-in to the computer

3. turn the printer off

4. turn on the printer

5. restart the computer

check again your folder and see if there would be a new icon for your printer

Dre
"I may not be the best of help there is, but at least i would try my best to give you a reply on your questions"

Please Click the KUDOS button as a sign of "thanks"

For Other Questions or Informations email me @ laijayadrian@hotmail.com
Honor Student
hakim123
Message 5 of 5 (2,818 Views)

this oesnt help at all!!! another solution please..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation