Question

Student
xrjsx
Message 1 of 2 (108 Views)

deskjet 3050 J610 Printer

I have this printer and it was installed on this laptop back in 2011.  I am trying to use it now with Micorsoft word and I get error message "The Active Domain Serivce is currently unavailable" when I try to add printer.  If I try to pring from another lacoation I get another error message "an error has occured in the script on this page"  I am running Windows 7 64bit.  I have used the HP trouble shooters and have gone through thier entire help page.

Retired
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 2 (70 Views)

Re: deskjet 3050 J610 Printer

Hello xrjsx. Welcome to the HP Forums. I understand you are unable to add your printer, proven by error messages. I will do my best to assist you! I will provide multiple troubleshooting steps to attempt:

1. Open up Notepad. Go to File, then Print. In the windows where you choose a printer, click "Add Printer". Follow the wizard, and ensure your information and connection type are correct. You may be able to add the printer this way.

2. If this doesn't work, I would like you to stop and start the Print Spooler. To access this, go to the Start menu and type "services.msc" in the search bar (without the quotes) and press Enter. Scroll down to Print Spooler and right-click on it. Stop the spooler, then do the same thing to start it. Give it a couple minutes, then try to add the printer again.

3. Please run Microsoft Fix-it, from this website, to resolve printer issues on the computer: Troubleshoot Printer Problems

4. Completely uninstall and reinstall the printer's software.

- For more information on uninstalling the printer software, please reference this HP website: Uninstalling the Printer Software

- For more information on reinstalling the printer software, please reference this HP website: How to Install and Download HP Printer Software and Drivers

Please respond with the results of your troubleshooting. If the issue is not resolved, further troubleshooting will have to be attempted. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation