Question

Top Student
sandymrc
Message 1 of 8 (651 Views)

deskjet F335-scanning software does not work

I have a Deskjet all-in-one printer-F335 and I am using Vista. Everything worked  initially. However at some point I needed to reinstall my printer. I used the newest drivers from the HP website. Since then there is no scanning option in the HP Solution Center. The printer will scan but only if I use MS Paint. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer several times but still there is no scanning option in the HP Solution Center. How can I get this back?

Tutor
Maheshz
Message 2 of 8 (641 Views)

Re: deskjet F335-scanning software does not work

This could occur if the scan module fails to install.

Assuming that the reinstallation was smooth without any error:

Open the Software contents ( Would be extracted in temp folder with the folder name starting from 7Z ), open the following folders and right click on each .exe files and repair them:

Setup/scan/scan.msi

setup/BPDScan/BPDScan.msi

setup/Status/Status.msi

Setup/Solution Center/solutioncenter.msi

Restart the computer and then try scanning

This should work.

I Work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.

Click the White Kudos star to say thanks. Mark "Accept As Solution" if it solves your problem
Top Student
sandymrc
Message 3 of 8 (627 Views)

Where are these setup files located? They are not in my windows/temp folder or in my HP/temp folder

Tutor
Maheshz
Message 4 of 8 (625 Views)

If you have run the downloaded software to install the printer, you would have the 7Z folder by running %temp% in the run window.

If you have the Software CD, you would find the files in it

Click the White Kudos star to say thanks. Mark "Accept As Solution" if it solves your problem
Top Student
sandymrc
Message 5 of 8 (611 Views)

I repaired the status.msi file and the solutioncenter.msi file. I could not find the BPDscan.msi file. When I tried to repair the scan.msi file I got the message "Action only valid for products that are currently installed". I cannot install from my CD because it is not for Vista.

Tutor
Maheshz
Message 6 of 8 (610 Views)

If you donot have the CD for Vista, please run the downloaded software and click exit when it shows the installation screen.

Click on start and run Type %temp%, you will see a folder with 7z, it would have all the .msi files that I was speaking about

Top Student
sandymrc
Message 7 of 8 (603 Views)

I followed your directions and the same thing happened:

I repaired the status.msi file and the solutioncenter.msi file. I could not find the BPDscan.msi file. When I tried to repair the scan.msi file I got the message "Action only valid for products that are currently installed".

Top Student
sandymrc
Message 8 of 8 (569 Views)

Why does it think that my scanner is not installed?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation