Question

Honor Student
NVMRX
Message 1 of 6 (1,875 Views)

disable photoproductcore.exe & messagecheck.exe when printer not in use?

I strive to eliminate any unneccessary runnning peocess.  I ran across SchedLgU.Txt, which mentioned that MessageCheck.exe was running every hour, or so it seemed. 

I assumed that this was someting to do with automatically checking for updates. 

I went to "HP Photo creations" and unchecked "enable notifications".  Now when I go to "HP Photo creations", it takes me to "HP'S PRODUCT GETAWAY".  I went to "Online feature options", and again had to uncheck "enable notifications" as well as "enable collection of anonymous usage data". 

This was a little annoying, since I thought I already shut it off, & never would have known it was still "enabled" unless I went there to check

Will this solve my issue with MessageCheck.exe runnnig hourly?  If not, how do I disable this?

I also discovered photoproductcore.exe runing in my task manager.  Can I end this process without any ill effects.

I'm satisfied to do any updates manually and have these items disabled or not running until I have a task for my printer.

thx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Win xp pro sp3, HP Photosmart 5510 e

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 2 of 6 (1,852 Views)

Re: disable photoproductcore.exe & messagecheck.exe when printer not in use?

[ Edited ]

Hi NVMRX.

Thanks for the detailed question. Both of those programs are related to HP Photo Creations. I'll check into it and get back to you. 

Thanks for trying HP Photo Creations,

RocketLife

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 3 of 6 (1,847 Views)

Hello again, NVMRX.

I spoke with our support team. They can help you right away at this address: hpsupport@rocketlife.com.

Thank you,

RocketLife

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Honor Student
NVMRX
Message 4 of 6 (1,839 Views)

Thanks for checking it out.   

Intern
antdude
Message 5 of 6 (187 Views)

NVMRX wrote:

Thanks for checking it out.   

Did you get an answer to this? It's annoying on my very old, updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine too. :smileysad:

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 6 of 6 (172 Views)

Hi Antdude.

Please contact our support team at www.hp.com/global/us/en/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/support-form.html for help with this.

Thank you for using HP Photo Creations,

RocketLife

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation