Re: driver for Windows 7 for HP Officejet 6700 all-in-one (33916 Views)
Honor Student
wilsons02
Message 1 of 19 (34,311 Views)

driver for Windows 7 for HP Officejet 6700 all-in-one

Are you kidding me?  I just purchased a hp officejet 6700 all-in-one to find out it doesn't work with Windows 7.  when are the drivers going to be available?  If I would have known hp was this clueless, I wouldn't have purchased the product. Any updates?

Professor
Picardje
Message 2 of 19 (34,296 Views)

Re: driver for Windows 7 for HP Officejet 6700 all-in-one

HI,

This is a new printer so of course it has Windows 7 drivers.

Find them here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=5058338&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Honor Student
wilsons02
Message 3 of 19 (34,193 Views)

thanks for the info, but that driver does not support the Scan feature.  It enables everything excepting scanning.  When I try to scan I receive a HP Officejet 6700 is not found message.  I ran HPs scanner support, and it comes up with a message saying it does not have a driver for Windows 7 to support my scanner.  Any ideas?

Professor
Picardje
Message 4 of 19 (34,124 Views)

HI,

Its the full feature driver so should also support scanning. Remove the software and reinstall it. Make sure nothing is being blocked by a firewall or something similar

Honor Student
sandiegojackson
Message 5 of 19 (34,036 Views)

I am having this exact same issue.  Prints fine, faxes fine but when I attempt to scan I get attached message below and this is what displays on the little printer display:  

"The scan could not be completed due to one or more of the following issues:

-Connection to the computer is lost.

-The scan application on the computer is currently in use.

-OCR application os not installed on the computer

See the computer monitor for details"

I have rebooted computer, printer, router.  Ran the diagnostic tool which says its all working fine.  Uninstalled and re-installed the software and drivers as suggested in the troubleshooting.  Turned off all firewalls (even though diagonostic tool says it's connecting fine...I'm baffled and running out of ideas except to return it to the store...

ScreenShot1.jpg

Honor Student
sandiegojackson
Message 6 of 19 (34,034 Views)

When I go to the IP status, here's the message.  Help please.

ScreenShot2.jpg

Tutor
MeuhusTwo
Message 7 of 19 (33,916 Views)

The model number HP Officejet 6700.

Method 1:
You may refer to the below links and use the troubleshooters. Check if it lists and helps resolve any issues: Open the Printer troubleshooter:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5058338&submit=&

Method 2:
You may check if you have the latest drivers installed for the device. You may refer to the below link for getting the latest drivers and check –
HP Officejet 6700 Driver

Good Luck.

Honor Student
alanmacmenemey
Message 8 of 19 (32,825 Views)

How do I get a printer driver for Windows 7 for HP officejet 6700 all in one

Professor
Picardje
Message 9 of 19 (32,802 Views)

HI,

By reading my previous answer in this post, there is a link in my previous answer that will take you to the driver page.

Student
klhorton
Message 10 of 19 (32,255 Views)

I read on this forum that there was a driver update for the OJ6700 for scanning...I have tried everything including using the link that was provided, the Scan Doctor, downloading the update....which did not work.  I am so frustrated with this situation.  It should simply SCAN.  My older 6500 worked just fine and nothing on my computer has changed.  The printer did change....**bleep**?  Why won't it scan.  I depend on this function and was one of the reasons I went with this model.  I loved my 6500, but the 6700, as nice as it is, does not work out of the box and I am spending way too much time trying to get it to scan!

Scan Doctor told me my HP product was released prior to Win 7....I call BS.....there is NO way....again, this is a new printer, my 6500 worked fine! 

If I still had the box it came in, it would be going back....yes, I'm angry and rightfully so.  This printer should just work!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation