Re: driver for Windows 7 for HP Officejet 6700 all-in-one (1875 Views)
Honor Student
drdankan1
Message 11 of 19 (5,499 Views)

Re: driver for Windows 7 for HP Officejet 6700 all-in-one

This is unbelievable. I bought the 6700 Printer and installed it. It caused my computer to be inoperable. I had my IT Company get me a new computer and hook up the 6700. That move caused my new computer to crash with the big blue screen. My IT consultants came and attempted to fix the issue. They could not, so I got them to get us another new computer and set it up. Once again the big Blue Screen came up and the consultants came back to discover that the problem was caused by the 6700 printer, and then we discovered this site that contains the same sort of complaints. The company that sold me the printer is Staples. I find it difficult that they are unaware that the 6700 Pinter causes computers to crash! I bought a warranty that allows me to return the printer for repair but that will do absolutely no good if the same issue with the printer exists. Where are the drivers that can fix the issue with the 6700? I am inclined to return the printer to Staples and request a refund. Meantime I have spent about a $1000 in IT consultant time to try and have the issue repaired and lost several days of time on client work because we did not have a computer that would work. This is a disgrace

Honor Student
alanmacmenemey
Message 12 of 19 (5,479 Views)

Solution accepted ... Thanks

Top Student
Preinie
Message 13 of 19 (3,620 Views)

First, realize that most HP software leaves very much to be desired. Especially photography software such as the junk you get from PhotoSmart install packages. On my Mac with OSX, using the native Preview scans far better than the HP C4850 software (so I uninstalled that and all the photo software).

On XP, our users just scan by putting what they want scanned on the scan-bed and hit scan on the MFD (multi-function-device - the printer/scanner/faxer). If USB connected it puts the document right on the computer (Dell E6410) I think in My Documents, titled scan###.jpg or .pdf (I don't recall). This is without any scanning software installed.

OCR is another issue, and I think HP employs another companies' software for this, but our users don't need OCR so it's never installed. (They're all company computers and users have no admin rights.)

Note the above was both for XP and W7 environments.

Now if you can't afford to walk to the scanner to push the scan button (I don't know how the doc got put on the bed), use the OS built-in scan tool. For XP we had it in Start> Programs > Accessories > Scanner and Camera Wizard. W7 ours is in Start> All Programs> Windows Fax and Scan.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, but which way do I choose? (Actually, I like cats so I wouldn't skin one.)

Honor Student
Arsenal77899
Message 14 of 19 (2,844 Views)

When I try to install the driver , the error msg pop up telling me that the source file could not be read. OMG anything wrong with HP server , can you fix it or switch to IBM server instead. It should be more reliable ..

Honor Student
Arsenal77899
Message 15 of 19 (2,842 Views)

HP Sucks ....!! Source file not available , must be the joke of the day !!

Student
riverdaqle
Message 16 of 19 (1,892 Views)

thank for printer

Honor Student
wilsons02
Message 17 of 19 (1,886 Views)

Your link doesn't work. HP does not make a driver for this printer.
Top Student
Preinie
Message 18 of 19 (1,875 Views)

wilsons02 - which link doesn't work? There were at least three in this thread. I'll try to check back later when I have access to my notes at work on where we got the drivers. Something tells me that connecting the printer by USB puts the drivers right on a W7 machine, then you run the setup.exe, but I'll have to check.
Student
drocansey
Message 19 of 19 (1,597 Views)

Where do I insert the four ink catriges?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation