03-04-2010 10:47 AM
I am using image capturing software for endoscopy on an ancient machine with windows98.
The printer's life is finished so I bought deskjet F2418.
Now deskjet F2418 doesn't work with windows 98.
It means that I have to buy a new machine windows7and endoscopy software.
HP chat told me to install driver for deskjet 990c but there is no 990 c in list of hp printers.
Is it possible to run deskjet F2418 on windows 98?
03-04-2010 11:55 AM
It would not be possible to install the F2418 software into Windows 98 since the software was not written or intended for the operating system. However, I do believe Windows 98 shipped with the 550c driver which might work with the F2418 for basic print commands. Here is a step by step process from the document HP Deskjet and Professional Series Printers - Finding and Installing Drivers for Windows (R) 98 or W... with my notes in red.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS