Message 1 of 3 (1,135 Views)

drivers for 2840 win 7 64 bit

Hp multi functional 2840

win 7 64 bit

I am looking to get drivers for this or at least some compatible one's which work (to give both a colour printer and a black and white one - as in xp). I am not concerned about scanning as it has broken 8 months ago with a replacement part being unavailable.

I have tried following install instructions from the HP website but windows update is never available ( its 18:00 on Sunday night and I have been trying for 2 1/2 hrs to get windows update to work). I hope I am wrong but the fact I cannot download a file from HP and choose the option to add having the drivers suggests there might not be one. Can anyone help??

Message 2 of 3 (1,099 Views)

Re: drivers for 2840 win 7 64 bit

Hi lemmingman,

The driver for your printer should be there, it is the 2800 Series (see pic below):

Color Laserjet 2840.png

Here is a good walk-through on how to install drivers from Windows 7:

For future reference, the Color LaserJet 2840 is a commercial printer. I recommend posting in the forum for HP Business Support for a better chance at finding a solution.

Here is the link to the Commercial Laserjet board:

Also, here is a link to the support page for the HP Color LaserJet 2800 All-in-One Printer series:

Hope this information helps!

Smiley Happy If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3 (966 Views)

Re: drivers for 2840 win 7 64 bit

driver for 2840 win 7 64 bit

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation