09-02-2012 11:03 AM
Hp multi functional 2840
win 7 64 bit
I am looking to get drivers for this or at least some compatible one's which work (to give both a colour printer and a black and white one - as in xp). I am not concerned about scanning as it has broken 8 months ago with a replacement part being unavailable.
I have tried following install instructions from the HP website but windows update is never available ( its 18:00 on Sunday night and I have been trying for 2 1/2 hrs to get windows update to work). I hope I am wrong but the fact I cannot download a file from HP and choose the option to add having the drivers suggests there might not be one. Can anyone help??
09-05-2012 12:36 PM
The driver for your printer should be there, it is the 2800 Series (see pic below):
Here is a good walk-through on how to install drivers from Windows 7:
For future reference, the Color LaserJet 2840 is a commercial printer. I recommend posting in the forum for HP Business Support for a better chance at finding a solution.
Here is the link to the Commercial Laserjet board:
Also, here is a link to the support page for the HP Color LaserJet 2800 All-in-One Printer series:
Hope this information helps!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS