Question

Honor Student
beewell
Message 1 of 5 (947 Views)

error # on display

Hi -

My printer worked fine yesterday.  Today, it is displaying an error number, and nothing is getting it going.  I've uninstalled and re-installed the driver, turned it on and off, etc., no change.

Oxc0620004

411:lib_micci12c

Honor Student
Harry Smith
Message 2 of 5 (936 Views)

Re: error # on display

Hi,

This Oxc0620004 411:lib_micci12c means that the ink system or the printing mechanism of your printer has gone bad because either the printer is connected to a power strip or surge protector or you are using ink cartridges which are running low on ink. Since its an obsolete printer which Hp has already stopped manufacturing its better you go for a Hp Photosmart C6280 all-in-one printer as an upgrade.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 5 (926 Views)

beewell wrote:

My printer worked fine yesterday.  Today, it is displaying an error number, and nothing is getting it going.  I've uninstalled and re-installed the driver, turned it on and off, etc., no change.

I would suggest reseting the PSC 2355 as follows:  first unplug the power for 1 minute, then plug it back in and turn on the PSC 2355.  If this does not correct the issue then perform a reset as follows:  turn off the printer, press and hold the cancel and left arrow keys, then turn the power back on.

On the PSC 2355 the ink delivery system is completely contained in the replacable cartrdiges.  A low cartrdige may give a low ink warning on the screen but would not cause this issue.  Similarily I would not expect a surge protector to have any impact on the printer being able to reset.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
beewell
Message 4 of 5 (913 Views)

Hi Bob -

I tried what you suggested and it did not reset.  I did take out the print cartridges again and wiped them off and noticed a blob of ink on the bottom of the printer under where the ink carriages sit on the far right of the printer.

Any other ideas?

By the way, are you by any chance married to a Donna Headrick?

Thanks,

beewell

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 5 (912 Views)

beewell wrote:

I tried what you suggested and it did not reset.  I did take out the print cartridges again and wiped them off and noticed a blob of ink on the bottom of the printer under where the ink carriages sit on the far right of the printer.

Any other ideas?

The ink in the service station area is completely normal, that is where the printer "spits" to keep the nozzles clear.

Sorry, I do not have any further suggestions.

I do not know Donna.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation