Question

Student
Parson1
Message 1 of 2 (398 Views)

fax test on my new printer indicates I am using the wrong phone cord.

HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One

CV078A

WINDOWS XP

Fax test indicates that I am using the wrong phone cord. I am using the cord that came with the printer. What do you suggest?

Grad Student
wade1027
Message 2 of 2 (389 Views)

Re: fax test on my new printer indicates I am using the wrong phone cord.

Verify that you are using the 2 wired phone cord provided with your printer plugged directly into the Line-1 fax port only, then run fax test.

If you still receive the same error, try removing any other cords plugged into your Ext-2 fax port and run fax test.

As you know, a traditional phone cord has 4 wires and the phone that accompanies your printer is only 2 wired.  Only two wires are require thus the others are removed to prevent additional line noise and interference when receiving faxes.

Let me know if this helps. 

Also I found a similar post with an accepted solution, so feel free to check it out.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/You-Are-Not-Using-The-Correct-Type-of-...

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation