07-06-2012 11:10 AM
HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One
Fax test indicates that I am using the wrong phone cord. I am using the cord that came with the printer. What do you suggest?
07-09-2012 10:44 AM
Verify that you are using the 2 wired phone cord provided with your printer plugged directly into the Line-1 fax port only, then run fax test.
If you still receive the same error, try removing any other cords plugged into your Ext-2 fax port and run fax test.
As you know, a traditional phone cord has 4 wires and the phone that accompanies your printer is only 2 wired. Only two wires are require thus the others are removed to prevent additional line noise and interference when receiving faxes.
Let me know if this helps.
Also I found a similar post with an accepted solution, so feel free to check it out.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the blue Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"; therefore, it's easier for others to find.
I am an HP employee.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS