Question

Honor Student
genob
Message 1 of 3 (946 Views)
Accepted Solution

get officejet 6210 software for windows 7 64 bit

I can not get software for the 6210 all in one printer to install on windows 7 64 bit.  I would like to continue using HP director to scan etc.  Any one have a clue?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (914 Views)

Re: get officejet 6210 software for windows 7 64 bit

Welcome to the HP Forum! :smileyhappy:

genob wrote:

I can not get software for the 6210 all in one printer to install on windows 7 64 bit.  I would like to continue using HP director to scan etc.  Any one have a clue?

There is no full feature software for Windows 7 for your Printer available at the HP web support portal. You can try using the Windows Vista 64-bit software incompatibiity mode. It may or may not work.

Windows 7 is not a supported operating system for your printer. You may be able to install the basic driver with the use of the HP printer install wizard for Windows 7. The basic driver will allow print functionality, but scan and copy will not work.

Kind regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
genob
Message 3 of 3 (909 Views)

Re: get officejet 6210 software for windows 7 64 bit

Thanks, I'll try the Vista suggestion.

genob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation