Question

Tutor
gnuma
Message 1 of 6 (7,731 Views)
Accepted Solution

how can I get my desktop scanner icon back

I have Windows 7 desktop machine and HP Officejet 4500 G510g printer,  Somehow I lost my desktop icon that I use to scan documents.  How can I get it back?

gnuma

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 6 (7,703 Views)

Re: how can I get my desktop scanner icon back

Hey gnuma. You should be able to find the HP Scan file by navigating to your C: drive. From here follow these folders:

Program Files (x86) > HP > HP OfficeJet > bin

You should find the HPScan.exe file in this folder. Right click and hold on the icon and drag it to your desktop (or where ever you would like it.) 

Let me know you have any trouble following those steps. 

Thanks!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Tutor
gnuma
Message 3 of 6 (7,698 Views)

Hi, Sean

I'm happy to report that I now have my scanner working.  I did as you suggested but I couldn't find an HPOfficejet file in the HP folder but I did find a bin folder in the imaging folder but no scan.exe, but there was no scan file.exe in it.

Anyway I reinstalled the full feature driver which I installed with default settings.  When I got through with everything there was was the Solution Center icon on my desktop.

I did a scan and everything works fine.

Thanks for everything.

John

Sean, I looked all over the  reply and can't find a "Kudos" bkutton

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 4 of 6 (7,687 Views)

Hey gruma. Glad to hear you got it running. The kudos button is a small blue box with a white star directly under my name. If you ever have any other questions feel free to post them.

Take care,

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Student
Thomasho
Message 5 of 6 (6,200 Views)

I can't find my HP Scan icon on the destop, hence inability to scan using the HP LaserJet 1536dnf Mfp Multifunction printer. Please help.

Thomas Ho

Student
zuhaib050
Message 6 of 6 (2,076 Views)

HP LJ300-400 color MFP M375-M475 is the model. 

i lost shorcut button for Scanner button. 

Kindly help me get it back

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation