03-12-2012 12:39 PM
You need to find the the software CD that came with the printer, if there was one. There is no Windows 7 Full Features Software for your printer showing at your printer's website. There IS printer software for the Vista OS. You MIGHT be able to download and install that software. Lots of Vista software runs on Windows 7, just call up your Resource Monitor and you will see the truth of it!
To try installing the Vista version of the FFS, just follow the instructions below, but when you get to where it is asking for your Operating System, tell it you have Vista instead of Windows 7. It's worth a try. Otherwise, you are stuck in "Can barely scan" - and using "Microsoft fax and scan" that comes in Windows 7. Ick. (Technical term.)
In many cases, you can (re)install the Full Feature Software for your printer to enhance its capabilities. The HP Solution Center is an integrated part of the FFS.
(Re)install the basic driver or Full Feature Software:
Drivers control hardware connected to the computer (wired or wireless).
Software controls the programs that interact with the User.
- Go to the top of the forum page to Support and Drivers
- Enter your Printer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
- Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu... Scroll down
- Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
- Select the appropriate Basic Driver or Full Feature Software – if available for your printer Save the *.exe installation package on your computer -
- NOTE the name and the location of the file when you save it. The *.exe file will likely save to the "Downloads“ folder.
- Install the Software / Driver installation package. If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.
NOTE: There is sometimes a lot of information at the printer’s website manuals, how-to pages, and alerts for your printer. Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.
I hope this helps!
Say “Thanks!” for the Help by clicking the Kudos Star on the Left
Did this solution fix your problem? Mark this Post “Accept as Solution”!
Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.
2012 Year of the Dragon!