Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Currently locked in align reminder.  Done it several times, yet it keeps coming back.  Also, everytime I turn this HPAIO1315 off....it reprints the alignment page.....wasting ink as well as paper

HP Recommended

@pjpowers wrote:

everytime i put in a new cartridge it wants to re-align itself.  I want to have the choice of aligning or not, rather than having it automatically align and wasting expensive ink.  How can I accomplish this?

thanks

@pjpowers wrote:

everytime i put in a new cartridge it wants to re-align itself.  I want to have the choice of aligning or not, rather than having it automatically align and wasting expensive ink.  How can I accomplish this?

thanks

HP Recommended

I have an HP Deskjet 3050A which I use with my laptop. I disconnect the USB and unplug it after every use, because there is no room for me to keep it out. It asks me to print and scan the alignment page every single time I plug it in to use. Can I change this?

HP Recommended

Everytime i post this solution someone "appears" to be deleting it? (or maybe I just can't find it)..   you can skip alignment by hitting cancel button 2 or 3 times, then ok button, repeat until it says alignmene canceled, then proceed as normal.   Mine for some reason no longer asks for the alignment, maybe its got a time out for example after 25 canceled alignments in a row it quits asking? or maybe I changed something in the settings that causes it not to ask?   FYI: I leave the printer plugged in with power on it  and use a power surge protector to turn on the power to it, each morning i simply use the power surge strip outlet to turn on the power...SOoooo... it could be that if you dont' actually use the power on./off button on the printer that it will keep its current settings when you turn it off with the power surge outlet strip?    Best of luck !    GODSPEED !

HP Recommended

i HATE this stupid, paternalistic approach to doing business!!!!!  Your alignment process is a pain!  I have hated it ever since I bought my HP 4500.  PLEASE LISTEN!  I DO NOT NEED TO REALIGN EVERY TIME THE STUPID MACHINE RECONNECTS!

Since your company believes it knows so much more than its customers and it is nearly time for me to buy a new printer let me make it VERY CLEAR you will not be the company I would EVER CHOOSE AGAIN!

Just tell people how to disable what is a very, very irritating feature of your otherwise good printer...otherwise learn that if you don't serve your customers you WILL LOSE your customers!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

shinestardrc

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. Just a reminder that this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

HP Recommended

Thank you...I went on to the site you referred me to which in absolutely no way is soliciting any consumer feedback whatsoever.  There was no place on that site to talk to the company about anything they didn't want to talk about...typical of the kind of comments that I've seen on this "peer to peer" site

HP Recommended

@inventpeace wrote:

Everytime i post this solution someone "appears" to be deleting it? (or maybe I just can't find it)..   you can skip alignment by hitting cancel button 2 or 3 times, then ok button, repeat until it says alignmene canceled, then proceed as normal.   Mine for some reason no longer asks for the alignment, maybe its got a time out for example after 25 canceled alignments in a row it quits asking? or maybe I changed something in the settings that causes it not to ask?   FYI: I leave the printer plugged in with power on it  and use a power surge protector to turn on the power to it, each morning i simply use the power surge strip outlet to turn on the power...SOoooo... it could be that if you dont' actually use the power on./off button on the printer that it will keep its current settings when you turn it off with the power surge outlet strip?    Best of luck !    GODSPEED !

You can @inventpeace.  Duplicate posts are not helpful and are generally deleted.

I would suggest *not* using an external power switch to turn off the printer.  Doing so will use more ink and shorten the life of the printer as the printer will do a more agressive service cycle when it is turned on from an external switch.  The printer should always be plugged into a live outlet.  Turning the printer off from an external switch can also leave the printheads out of the capping station, causing the printhead to dry out.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

At last I managed to disable the alignment option for a Photosmart C4280, just into the printer menu there's a bypass option, press ok, for the pc warning messages disable it in the stratup ...job done

HP Recommended

There's a bypass option in the printer menu, if you select ok you disable it forever...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.