Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Not here. Oops, a whiner will now slam me. It's all junk anyway.
HP Recommended

Hey Bob

I've got an HP 2050 and every time I try to print I get one of these alignment messages. Do you have any sway with these {Content Removed} at HP so that I can do a simple print instead of wasting reams of paper? No wonder this {Content Removed} was so cheap.

HP Recommended

I've found out that I can ignore the alignment feature with the print function. However it doesn't work with the scan function.   

Dear Hp, it uses more than just a "few drops of ink."  This i'm sure you know.  I don't get anywhere near the 300 pgs. I'm supposed to get.  I turn off the printer when not in use and I get this alignment request EVERY TIME.  So therefore, since you  choose to force your customers to waste paper and ink, when this machine becomes defunct or I get tired of this, whichever comes first, I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANOTHER HP PRINTER.  I had no such issue with LEXMARK and I will return to them.  Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Really sick of corporate greed.

HP Recommended

I AM HIGHLY ANNOYED AS WELL!!!! :HalfEyes: It not only aliiiiggggnnss with a new cartridge but EVERY FREEAKING TIME I PRRRRIIINTTT!!!!      AAANNNOOOOYYYYEEDDDD!!!!!!!

When I'm in a hurry to  print something, >>> I work with deadlines ALL THE TIME.....NOOOOOOOOOO.. it has to ALIGGGNNN FIRST GGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!:

@Bob_Headrick wrote:

@pjpowers wrote:

Thanks Bob - all things being equal I still want to turn that off or put it into manual choice mode.  How does one do that?

Not an option for the reasons mentioned above.

robottongue:

HP Recommended

I WAS ABLE TO CANCEL ALIGNMENT

I have an HP Deskjet 3054

When it's forcing you to print the aliggnment paper:

Pretend to load the Paper
Press OK
Quickly REMOVE all the loaded paper (while screen shows "printing")
Press CANCEL abunch of times
SUCESS SUCKAAAAS!!

HP Recommended

HpUserMe wrote:

I AM HIGHLY ANNOYED AS WELL!!!! Smiley Mad It not only aliiiiggggnnss with a new cartridge but EVERY FREEAKING TIME I PRRRRIIINTTT!!!!      AAANNNOOOOYYYYEEDDDD!!!!!!!

When I'm in a hurry to  print something, >>> I work with deadlines ALL THE TIME.....NOOOOOOOOOO.. it has to ALIGGGNNN FIRST GGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!:

Rather than spend an hour figuring how to bypass the alignment for your printer you might have been better off just completing the alignment, as shown in Step 8 of the document here. When the alignment has been completed it will not repeat until the printer detects a cartridge change.  If you do not complete the alignment (or perhaps a bypass) the procedure will repeat whenever the printer is powered on.

There are good reasons to complete the alignment process rather than cancelling it.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
I found a better way to do this. I bought a Canon.

; )
HP Recommended

How about these apples Bob.

EVERY time I print, alignment needed.  I print the alignment and put the paper in to scan.  Scan says it can't find the alignment paper.  Scan again, still can't find it and sets to default.

Next time I turn on the printer to try and print, alignment needed AGAIN.

TELL US HOW TO TURN THIS OFF.  Your "just a little ink" is still a page of ink; ink which I COULD HAVE USED TO PRINT DOCUMENTS WHICH I NEED, not waste on ALIGNMENTS every freakin' time.

Again, we see why HP is going to crap.  Customer service is non-existent.  Products aren't worth the HP name which use to be worth something; sad state of affairs.

HP Recommended

@AnnoyedHPOwner wrote:

How about these apples Bob.

EVERY time I print, alignment needed.  I print the alignment and put the paper in to scan.  Scan says it can't find the alignment paper.  Scan again, still can't find it and sets to default. [ snip] 

OK, a few thoughts:

• Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system? Without knowing what printer model you have (and OS would help as well) it is difficult to help you.  It is clear the alignment is failing, which means it will continue to try to align on subsequent print jobs.  Are both black and color properly printing on the alignment page?  Are you printing on unused white paper?  Will your printer properly make copies (checking the scanner functionality)?  If you post details of the printer model and what the symptoms are I may be able to help, without that information you are not likely to be helped.

• This is NOT "HP Support".  This is a peer to peer forum where most of the folks here are volunteers (like me) answering questions.  If you want to contact HP Support see the link here for information.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
I also am plagued with a message saying I need to align my cartridges. I haven't put in new cartridges but instead just upgraded my software, as suggested by HP. I use a D110 multifunction printer. I aligned my cartridges the last time I put in new cartridges and I'm not happy to now be constantly reminded to align. Yes, I'll go through the unnecessary alignment procedure to get the damned message to go away but I don't like that HP doesn't allow us to permanently ignore this supposed "need".
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.