Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You can Bypass Alignment using the below steps  this is only for  

HP officejet J4500 & J4600

Press and hold the Settings button, and then press OK” while All-in-one shows Align cartridges message.

HP Recommended

OK, I've got a different problem. The alignment will not turn off! It will give a partial alignment and then kick out the paper, with the message "press enter to align cartridges" etc. I need to either turn the alignment off or figure out a way to get it to complete the alignment so I can proceed to printing.

HP Recommended

@cavunlim wrote:

OK, I've got a different problem. The alignment will not turn off! It will give a partial alignment and then kick out the paper, with the message "press enter to align cartridges" etc. I need to either turn the alignment off or figure out a way to get it to complete the alignment so I can proceed to printing.

What printer model? 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Yeah, it's the psc 2210 all in one. I just discovered how to turn off the pesky alignment message. Hold the setup button and then press "options". The message will go away and you are ready to print!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow the below steps to by pass the alignment.

“Press and hold the Settings button, and then press OK” while All-in-one shows Align cartridges message.

Note: If you bypass the alignment the printer quality may be poor. 

If the issue resolved,

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Saul
Tech Support Eng.
HP

HP Recommended

HELP!  I have a HP Photosmart Express.  When I changed an ink cartridge this last time, it went through the standard alignment process.  Fine, not a problem.  However, I usually turn off my printer when I'm not using it, or at least in shutting down for the day and now, every time I now turn the printer on to print something, it wants to go through the alignment process.  

So the alignment process has been done.  I turn the printer off.  I turn the printer on the next day to print something and it wants to print out another alignment before printing my document.

Any ideas??  

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Same problem here... every time a shut down my computer or printer (designjet 130r) restarting it is a nightmare...

Aligning procedure is repeated every time by start-up so printing one single A4 page takes 3 extra pages and 15min extra of my time.

It's simple not doable.

How can I skip this procedure????

HP Recommended

Is this the official HP 'help' forum?

If I notice that the previous post produced no answer.....it's nearly  2 months old....

HP Recommended

Please be aware that this forum is a peer to peer support forum, it is not a direct link to HP support.  

This forum is focused on consumer level products.  For the Designjet you may have better results posting in the HP Enterprise Designjet forum here (but be aware, it is also a peer to peer support forum).  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Where can I find help from HP proffesionals?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.