Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have windows 7 (64 bit) OS pc and i bought HP laserjet 1010 printer very early when i used to use windows XP. Now i got problem. I cannot find its driver for windows7 even you said that the is no driver for windows7. Then what should i do? My printer may be useless. I cannot change the OS of my pc as i am friendly with windows7. Please help me in this regard.

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am sorry to inform you, the printer is not supported in Windows 7, as you may find listed below:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02535920

You only option will be replacing the OS or upgrading the printer.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I'm afraid this policy of not providing drivers for perfectly functioning printers with newer OS will justly be regarded as predatory by many consumers, personally it puts me off buying HP again.

HP Recommended

So am I to understand this correctly? You just orphaned a perfectly good (bulletproof) printer and you expect me to buy a new HP? A you f....ng kidding? After just spending $80 on a new toner cartridge?

Something you need to understand - customers typically don't scream and yell when they are abused - they just quietly go away...

This is arrogant and unacceptable..

HP Recommended

Hi,

just found your post...

To install your HP1010 on Win7do the following:

Start

Devices & Printers

Add a printer

Adda local printer

Use an existing port: DOT4_001 (Generic IEEE...)

Next

Pick HP from manufacturer

Select HP LaserJet 3055 PCL5

Next

Name the printer something to your liking

Finish (or so, just follow the prompts)

Here you are!

Works every time for me, never had a problem from any application.

I don't know how this forum works and if i am notified if you reply or anyone else posts on this thread, so i try to check it again soon to check if you left a message.  Be with me...

Matt

HP Recommended

Greetings All,

Thanks Matt for the info re: LaserJet 1010.

By using the DOT4 USB printing support and Generec IEEE 1284.4 driver for the LaserJet 3055 PCL5 I got my printer working!

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Super!  Thanks, it's working for me (using Win7-32 bit)

HP Recommended

@bhagu wrote:

I have windows 7 (64 bit) OS pc and i bought HP laserjet 1010 printer very early when i used to use windows XP. Now i got problem. I cannot find its driver for windows7 even you said that the is no driver for windows7. Then what should i do? My printer may be useless. I cannot change the OS of my pc as i am friendly with windows7. Please help me in this regard.

HP Recommended
Look at "wizit"s reply earlier in this post. He lays out the steps you need to take. My only addition is that when using these drivers occasionally the printer output will be a blank page. The "solution" to that is to power off the printer. wait 3-5 seconds, turn it back on and re-print your job.
HP Recommended

bloody brilliant :LaughingTears:

thanks fella

top chap

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.