Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've installed as Laserjet 3055 PCL5 . it works fine. Great

Thanks a lot

HP Recommended

Dear Matt,

Thanks for your informations. I've installed HP Laser Jet 1010 as you showed. Printer has worked well.

The best wishes to you.

Oct, 2013

LeTrungHoa

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions given on this forum and managed to install the printer ok.

But, on a daily basis the printer decides not to print and prints on page "unsupported Personality: PCL"

Can anyone help fix this please?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi

I installed as per your instructions and everything was ok thanks

But now the printer has decided that after printing a couple of times during the day it will print this message " Unsupported Personality:PCL" and stop printing for some unknown reason.

I uninstalled and re installed and it was ok for a while and then repeated the same problem.

Do you have any ideas on how I can fix it please?

Many thanks

HP Recommended

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

I hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

@MudanzasCooper wrote:

I followed the instructions given on this forum and managed to install the printer ok.

But, on a daily basis the printer decides not to print and prints on page "unsupported Personality: PCL"

Can anyone help fix this please?

Thanks.

TURN OFF YOUR PRINTER FOR 10 SECONDS AND TURN IT BACK ON.  IT WILL START PRINTING AGAIN. USE THIS FIX ANYTIME IT ACTS UP.

HP Recommended
TURN OFF YOUR PRINTER FOR 10 SECONDS AND TURN IT BACK ON. IT WILL START PRINTING AGAIN. USE THIS FIX ANYTIME IT ACTS UP.

HP Recommended
TURN OFF YOUR PRINTER FOR 10 SECONDS AND TURN IT BACK ON. IT WILL START PRINTING AGAIN. USE THIS FIX ANYTIME IT ACTS UP.

HP Recommended

After months of searching I found this post and, in extremis, followed the advice.

It worked.

Perfectly!

No downloads, registry editing etc, just 2 minutes with the installer wizard and I'm fully operational again.

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks ever so much Matt.

IT WORKS!

My printer had been sitting there for over a year.  I bought a new one out of frustration but i still missed my HP 1010 workhorse.

I just decided to google it today as a last resort before throwing it out .

I am over the moon.

Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.