Question

Tutor
three_jeeps
Message 1 of 4 (1,250 Views)

how to permanantly change the default scan destination - HP soln center

This behavior is driving me nuts.  I want to specify a destination for all of my scanned docs and have it be the permanant default setting.  Every time I set it for one scan job, it reverts back to what HP thinks it should be.  I have searched everywhere to find info on how to fix this.  Any help is appreciated.

Too bad the hp documentation for the solution center keeps this a mystery....(e.g. it SUX!)

btw, i have two hp printers: c309 on a network, and officejet 6210 connected via usb to host machine and shared.  I want to specify the default location for both all in ones....

Thanks for your help

-John

Honor Student
giankyr
Message 2 of 4 (1,233 Views)

Re: how to permanantly change the default scan destination - HP soln center

I am really interested in the solution of this thread too!

Tutor
three_jeeps
Message 3 of 4 (1,225 Views)

Hmmmm, so far, I have not heard anything about how to do this.  Other things I have found out, is that when using the TWAIN interface to 3rd party program, the setting are even more of a mystery, and, change with *every* page scanned, eventhough it is told that it is scanning a *multi-page* document on the flatbed...Quite frankly, I am really disappointed by this badly designed sw.  I never would have thought HPs quality in this would be so bad....My guess is that they farmed the sw development to somebody who never saw their product, or even a scanner.  Wow, so sad....

No wonder we are losing the economic 'war'........

I will not call their *support* line either - Its a joke...they repeat your sentence back to you (like in 2nd grade) and clearly do no understand what is being conveyed.  Then you get put on hold for 5-10 mins while they 'look up that information'.....so very sad

PCG Top Student
Top Student
PCG
Message 4 of 4 (872 Views)

Not directly related but I would like to know how to set the default printer for use in printing pictures within Solution Center.  I have set the all-in-one print function as the standard system default but when in Solution Center the default changes to the FAX function.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation