11-12-2013 04:13 AM
have bought a new laptop with windows 8.1 but printer sofwear not compatable, my previous computer had windows xp. Do I need to buy a new printer or is there softwear I can download?
hope someone can help
11-13-2013 07:25 AM
I understand that you are looking for software and drivers for you Deskjet 1050a for Windows 8.1. I suggest that you make sure that all the updates are done on your laptop before you begin. Please follow the steps in this document for Installing the Printer Software in Windows 8. You want to use "Method one: Use the HP Printer Install Wizard" it will work for Windows 8.1.
I am also including this link for HP Deskjet 1050 All-in-One Printer - J410a Drivers. If you would rather download and install on your own. Select your operating system (Windows 8.1 32 or 64 bit) and click next, scroll down and click on Driver - Product Installation Software, then choose either the full feature or basic software and drivers and download.
I hope this helped, let me know.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS