Question

Student
janicenew
Message 1 of 2 (3,136 Views)

hp deskjet 1050a all in one j410 series

have bought a new laptop with windows 8.1 but printer sofwear not compatable,   my previous computer had windows xp. Do I need to buy a new printer or is there softwear I can download?

hope someone can help

thank you

Distinguished Professor
Advance23
Message 2 of 2 (3,116 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 1050a all in one j410 series

Hi janicenew,

I understand that you are looking for software and drivers for you Deskjet 1050a for Windows 8.1. I suggest that you make sure that all the updates are done on your laptop before you begin. Please follow the steps in this document for Installing the Printer Software in Windows 8. You want to use "Method one: Use the HP Printer Install Wizard" it will work for Windows 8.1.

I am also including this link for HP Deskjet 1050 All-in-One Printer - J410a Drivers. If you would rather download and install on your own. Select your operating system (Windows 8.1 32 or 64 bit) and click next, scroll down and click on Driver - Product Installation Software, then choose either the full feature or basic software and drivers and download.

I hope this helped, let me know.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I worked on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation