Question

Student
cfr55
Message 1 of 2 (530 Views)

hp deskjet 850c

I am part of a non-profit org. that had a deskjet 850c donated to us.  I've downloaded the drivers but didn't get any software to use with the printer.  It supposedly came with QuickDraw GX software which I think was used with Macs.  We have a pc that will be used with this printer.  where can I get printer software so that I can control the printer.  Right now everything is manual.  Thanks for any help.

cfr55 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (496 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 850c

cfr55 wrote:

I am part of a non-profit org. that had a deskjet 850c donated to us.  I've downloaded the drivers but didn't get any software to use with the printer.  It supposedly came with QuickDraw GX software which I think was used with Macs.  We have a pc that will be used with this printer.  where can I get printer software so that I can control the printer.  Right now everything is manual.  Thanks for any help.

cfr55 

What do you want to control on the printer?  There really is not much it does other than printing and it should be usable with any Windows program.  You can print a diagnostic page as shown here by using the front panel keys.  If the nozzle pattern is not complete you can also perform a nozzle cleaning as shown at the same link.

If you are having difficulties installing the printer please leave some details of how the printer is connected (AFAIK the DEskjet 850 only supported a parallel connection and perhaps appletalk...) and what operating system you are using.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation