Question

Top Student
Zsaah
Message 11 of 18 (971 Views)

Re: hp officejet 9100 scanner driver

[ Edited ]

Yeah, unfortunately you are stck with the software scanner controls of the V45, which doesn't utilize the 9110 to the max.

I set up a dual boot on my machine so I still have my XP based office as well as 7. Although you aren't supposed to be able to, if you have two drives you can do this actually installing the XP second, but it's tricky; you can mess up your 7 install if you don't take certain precautions. Let me know if you want a walk through :-)

Top Student
PRBishop
Message 12 of 18 (956 Views)

Yes please, I would love a walk through.  A dual boot pc with two hard drives, one booting to win7 and the other winXP pro is my ultimate goal.  A least I would have full 9110 function runing the xp drive. Again thank you very much for all your help.

PS Did you look at other hp scanner drivers that may have more functions or is the V45 the only one that even works?

Top Student
Zsaah
Message 13 of 18 (946 Views)

Most of the drivers give you a code 10 error. The closest device that will load is the D, but it too doesn't give you anything but a basic scan. I have tried all the drivers that load, scanning from fax and scan and paint. None of them seem to improve the situation.

So the dual boot is the real answer...

You will need EasyBCD, which you can download for free from Neosmart Technologies. This works so well you might be moved to donate to them :-)

You could probably just install the XP and let EasyBCD recover the 7 after, but I'm not recomending that.

Safer to:

1. Move anything you want to keep onto the 7 boot drive, or better still a remote back up too.

2. Enter Bios (press delete at startup) and set up the boot order for your chosen XP drive.

3. Turn off and unplug the 7 drive (just the data cable).

4. Install the XP.

5. Turn off and plug the 7 drive back in.

6. Back to bios and change boot to the 7 drive.

7. From 7 run EasyBCD, when it's found both OS, just set up your boot default preference.

I'm running 7x64 and XPx86 and all is well

Top Student
PRBishop
Message 14 of 18 (931 Views)

Thank you very much, it looks like a great plan. 

Have you had any problems with XP deleting all of the System Restore Points and Shadow Copies in Windows 7 everytime you start XP?

Top Student
Zsaah
Message 15 of 18 (919 Views)

hey yeah, thanks for the heads up. Fixed it with Regedit. Pity drive has to be hidden from XP.

Top Student
PRBishop
Message 16 of 18 (913 Views)

What is the registry fix? Thanks

Top Student
Zsaah
Message 17 of 18 (909 Views)

Top Student
PRBishop
Message 18 of 18 (902 Views)

Great, thank you very much.  Now I need to find some time to put this all together?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation