01-07-2014 04:06 PM - edited 01-07-2014 04:24 PM
Yeah, unfortunately you are stck with the software scanner controls of the V45, which doesn't utilize the 9110 to the max.
I set up a dual boot on my machine so I still have my XP based office as well as 7. Although you aren't supposed to be able to, if you have two drives you can do this actually installing the XP second, but it's tricky; you can mess up your 7 install if you don't take certain precautions. Let me know if you want a walk through :-)
01-07-2014 05:11 PM
Yes please, I would love a walk through. A dual boot pc with two hard drives, one booting to win7 and the other winXP pro is my ultimate goal. A least I would have full 9110 function runing the xp drive. Again thank you very much for all your help.
PS Did you look at other hp scanner drivers that may have more functions or is the V45 the only one that even works?
01-08-2014 03:34 AM
Most of the drivers give you a code 10 error. The closest device that will load is the D, but it too doesn't give you anything but a basic scan. I have tried all the drivers that load, scanning from fax and scan and paint. None of them seem to improve the situation.
So the dual boot is the real answer...
You will need EasyBCD, which you can download for free from Neosmart Technologies. This works so well you might be moved to donate to them :-)
You could probably just install the XP and let EasyBCD recover the 7 after, but I'm not recomending that.
1. Move anything you want to keep onto the 7 boot drive, or better still a remote back up too.
2. Enter Bios (press delete at startup) and set up the boot order for your chosen XP drive.
3. Turn off and unplug the 7 drive (just the data cable).
4. Install the XP.
5. Turn off and plug the 7 drive back in.
6. Back to bios and change boot to the 7 drive.
7. From 7 run EasyBCD, when it's found both OS, just set up your boot default preference.
I'm running 7x64 and XPx86 and all is well
01-08-2014 10:01 AM
Thank you very much, it looks like a great plan.
Have you had any problems with XP deleting all of the System Restore Points and Shadow Copies in Windows 7 everytime you start XP?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS