Question

Student
eduardo_mendes
Message 1 of 18 (3,355 Views)

hp officejet 9100 scanner driver

[ Edited ]

I need a driver for this device's (hp officejet 9110/9120) scanner to work with Windows 7.

When using windows update to install drivers, it fails, when detecting the printer's scanner (no drivers found).

Thank you.

Intern
NO-SPIN
Message 2 of 18 (2,949 Views)

Re: hp officejet 9100 scanner driver

I have tried for months now.

Advice: Don't hold your breath.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 3 of 18 (2,929 Views)

eduardo_mendes wrote:

I need a driver for this device's (hp officejet 9110/9120) scanner to work with Windows 7.

When using windows update to install drivers, it fails, when detecting the printer's scanner (no drivers found).

Thank you.

Hey Eduardo, the product you have is a commercial printer. These commercial products can be a tad tricky. This may be the reason for the lack of responses. For the best chance at finding a solution I would suggest posting in the forum for HP Business Support.

You can find the Commercial LaserJet board here:

HP Business Support Forum -- LaserJets

Take Care!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Intern
NO-SPIN
Message 4 of 18 (2,927 Views)

Sean, first of all, the 9120 is an ink-jet printer so I doubt that you will find any solutions there. Secondly, there is no solution. I've been searching for over a month and found that I am now the proud owner of a giant paperweight. HP NO LONGER SUPPORTS THE 9100 SERIES IN WIN7. It will not scan in WIN7.
Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 5 of 18 (2,921 Views)

NO-SPIN, the OfficeJet 9120 is a business product. Here is the link to the main support page for this printer, which in the business support section: OfficeJet 9120

Thanks,

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Intern
NO-SPIN
Message 6 of 18 (2,917 Views)

Sean, Do you work for HP? If yes, then you should self fire yourself. It's not enough to point to point to Links to provide solutions without trying them yourself to verify that the advise your spewing put is correct.
I tried that link weeks ago. It leads you to a screen with another link which states, "INSTALL DRIVER USING WINDOWS UPDATE USB CONNECTION (downloadable Driver NOT AVAILABLE). To the right of that note in blue is another link which reads: OBTAIN SOFTWARE. Click that and you hit a brick wall. Their are no instructions that let you know how or where to obtain the software.
So,the next logical thing to do is to call HP, which is what I did, only to be told (after one hour) that the CD with the 9100 series drivers are no longer available. It was explained me that the company which supplied the CD's to HP stopped making them and that HP decided to discontinue support to the 9100 series Officejet. Would you've interested in purchasing an 8600 at a reduced price I was asked. NO! Absolutely not!
I pressed for the name of the company which supplied the CD and received the contact info. I called and was informed that they do not supply them anymore. Hence, anyone whom owns a 9100 series now owns a giant paperweight.
Teacher
pctech33
Message 7 of 18 (2,906 Views)

Go to www.hp.com Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.

Message 8 of 18 (2,904 Views)

PCTECH33

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Carefully read what I posted. THE 9100 Series Officejet is now officially a GIANT PAPERWEIGHT with the WIN 7 OS. (Period)
IT WILL NOT FUNCTION AS THE FULL FEATURE MACHINE IT WAS. NO SCAN,NO FAX, NO FOR,NO PHOTO, NO NO NO.
Top Student
Zsaah
Message 9 of 18 (1,820 Views)

Yep, I had the very same issue and trawled the internet to no avail. Also trawled my attic for scanners I'd laid by so I could dump the monolithic 9110, but guess what, my HP scanner wasn't supported in W7 either!

Still I have got the 9110 working by being bad. No guarantees it wont fail down the line, but here is the fix...

Plug it in and let it install from windows update, then disable install from windows update (in device installation settings, in advanced system settings) . As you said the printer driver is fine. Then go to Printers, right click on the 9110 icon, properties, click on the hardware tab, and highlight the scanner, then click on properties. Click on the change settings button, click on the driver tab then update driver button. Select update from my computer, then let me pick from a list...Then pick imaging devices, HP, and here's the bad bit...select the HP Officejet V45. The hardware scanner must be mapped out the same because it installs the driver and you should hear the scanner respond straight away. I tested it with the Windows 7 fax and scan.

Good luck!

Top Student
PRBishop
Message 10 of 18 (1,778 Views)

Thanks, great job. Worked great for me, except still don't have full scanning fuctions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation