Question

Honor Student
magi_amir
Message 1 of 7 (10,688 Views)

hp officejet g85 & WIN 7

I attached my officejet g85  to my PC which is running WIN7 ultimate and the windows displayed an error that it was not able to install its driver. I cannot provide an internet connection for my PC to use the windows updates. From where can i download and install the appropriate drivers for my device?

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 7 (10,682 Views)

Re: hp officejet g85 & WIN 7

The Win7 operating system contains a basic driver for the G85.

There are no HP drivers available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 7 (10,656 Views)

magi_amir wrote:

I attached my officejet g85  to my PC which is running WIN7 ultimate and the windows displayed an error that it was not able to install its driver. I cannot provide an internet connection for my PC to use the windows updates. From where can i download and install the appropriate drivers for my device?

Using Internet Explorer you can download the x64 drivers from Microsoft's update site here.  If you are using a 32 bit version of Windows 7 then download the drivers from Microsoft's site here

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
magi_amir
Message 4 of 7 (10,641 Views)

Dear Bob,

So many thanks for your kind advise, but I was not able to find a download link in these web pages.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 7 (10,620 Views)

Sorry about the link, I tried to post the link to the actual item but need to start one link up first.  Use the following link, then choose the smallest (11.4Mb) file if you have a 32 bit system and the 11.6Mb file if you have a 64 bit system.  The largest file is for IA64 systems which are not common. 

You will need to use Internet Explorer as your browser to use the Windows Catalog site.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
cwb212001
Message 6 of 7 (8,623 Views)

Greetings, I realize this thread is old but I'm having the same problem and I never saw that the original poster resolved their problem.  I downloaded the update as you suggested and 7 will still not install the driver.  It says that it found some of the required software but not all that it needed.  I'm new to 7 and consider myself to be a competent windows user but I have never been so frustrated with an operating system, especially with something as simple as getting a printer driver installed.  Any help you could pass along would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Chris

Student
sixblades
Message 7 of 7 (6,511 Views)

Here's how I solved this:

Go to control panel -> devices and printers

Right click on "HP Officejet G85", and select "Troubleshoot". 

Select the "HP hotfix" (or something like that, it will be the only available option) when it comes up.

???????

Use your new printer!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation