Question

Top Student
mauiblue
Message 3 of 11 (144 Views)

hp photosmart 100 printer

thanks for your response.  new to this and confused.  the hp photosmart 100 photo printer is a photo specific printer with no other function that I am aware of.  It prints using 4x6 hi-gloss paper and has a small tri-color print cartridge Model # 57 (hp c6657a).  Printer is small and portable.  Not sure if they call it "mobil".  Any suggestions?  Thanks 

Provost
old_geekster
Message 8 of 11 (130 Views)

Re: hp photosmart 100 printer

Mauiblue, welcome to the forum.

Please give us some information on your problem.  Are you having problems printing or other problems?

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 10 of 11 (120 Views)

Re: hp photosmart 100 printer

No problem printing except its not compatible with Windows 7.  Here's what I recently posted:

what i know:

Make & Name of printer is "hp photosmart 100" color printer.  It is marked clearly on the unit.  IT IS NOT AN "OFFICEJET" 100 Mobile printer.  IT IS CLEARLY A "PHOTOSMART 100" printer.  No mention of "mobile" although it appears to be portable in size.  It is a dedicated photo printer for 4x6" paper and maybe 5x7".  No other purpose.  Uses one small hp 57 tri-color print cartridge. 

Make & Model on the bottom of the unit (as you indicated) is "hp photosmart 100".  PRODUCT No. on bottom is C8441A.

I found the hp photosmart photo imaging software disc that came from hp in 2002.  I believe it is not compatible now with Windows 7 as it is marked on the disc Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP.  I tried to run the program and it only gets me so far and asks me to try again.

I have the Windows 7 Professional Anytime Upgrade which allows me to access the virtual  XP mode and tried accessing the disc via the virtual XP mode.  But I have not been able to navigate the system to find, open and run the disc via the virtual XP mode.

Any ides?  HELP??  Thanks for helping.  MauiB

Top Student
mauiblue
Message 9 of 11 (126 Views)

hp photosmart 100 printer NOT Compatible

ALL:  Help needed....

here's what i know:  My hp Photosmart 100 color printer (2002 era) fails when hooking up to my pc w/Windows 7.

Make & Model of printer is "hp photosmart 100".  It is marked clearly on the unit.  IT IS NOT AN "OFFICEJET" 100 Mobile printer.  IT IS CLEARLY A "PHOTOSMART 100" color printer.  No mention of "mobile" although it appears to be portable in size.

Make & Model on the bottom of the unit states "hp photosmart 100".  PRODUCT No. on bottom is C8441A.

I found the "hp photosmart" photo imaging software disc that came from hp in 2002.  I believe it is not compatible now with Windows 7 as it is marked on the disc Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP.  I tried to run the program and it only gets me so far and asks me to try again (over and over).

I have the Windows 7 Professional Anytime Upgrade which allows me to access the (blue screen) virtual  XP mode thru Windows 7 and tried accessing the disc via the virtual XP mode.  But I have not been able to navigate the system to find, open, and run the disc via the virtual XP mode.  Tried accessing but I'm not sure how to locate the file path to run file.  

Top Student
mauiblue
Message 1 of 11 (174 Views)

windows 7

Quick question: I have some pictures on my desktop from a CD that I'd like to print using my old (2002 era) hp Photosmart 100 device (it prints fine pictures).  I plugged it in to my pc but it doesnt pull up the driver (?).  I searched the net for the Windows 7 compatible driver.  No luck.  Is the hp 100 outdated and not compatible??

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 11 (160 Views)

Re: windows 7

Hi,

Is it a "HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer" ? If yes, you need driver for it on your Windows 7 computer. Please download Software and Drivers from the following link and install on your Windows 7 computer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL36711/bi-90383-3/OJ100ML411_Full_14_en.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
mauiblue
Message 4 of 11 (144 Views)

thanks for your response.  new to this and confused.  the hp photosmart 100 photo printer is a photo specific printer with no other function that I am aware of.  It prints using 4x6 hi-gloss paper and has a small tri-color print cartridge Model # 57 (hp c6657a).  Printer is small and portable.  Not sure if they call it "mobil".  Any suggestions?  Thanks 

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 5 of 11 (132 Views)

Mauiblue,

banhien was trying to verify the printer model name with you.

You might find the Product Number / Model name somewhere on the printer -- perhaps on the bottom of the unit or on the back.

There are two sub-models in this category - both of which have the name "Mobile" in their decription.

HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer L411aCN551A
HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer L411b

CQ774A

You need to download and install printer software for your printer for Windows 7.

Main Printer Support Pages:  HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer - L411a support

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help and time from our Experts.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer is a good Fix or Workaround!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
mauiblue
Message 6 of 11 (129 Views)

Hi Dragon-Fur: glad you wrote.  thanks to banhien too for responding.

ok, here's what i know:

the Make & Name of the printer is "hp photosmart 100.  It is marked clearly on the unit.  IT IS NOT AN "OFFICEJET" 100 Mobile printer.  IT IS CLEARLY A PHOTOSMART 100 printer.  No mention of "mobile" although it appears to be portable in size.

Make & Model on the bottom of the unit (as you indicated) is "hp photosmart 100".  PRODUCT No. on bottom is C8441A.

I found the hp photosmart photo imaging software disc that came from hp in 2002.  I believe it is not compatible now with Windows 7 as it is marked on the disc Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP.  I tried to run the program and it only gets me so far and asks me to try again.

I have the Windows 7 Professional Anytime Upgrade which allows me to access the virtual  XP mode and tried accessing the disc via the virtual XP mode.  But I have not been able to navigate the system to find, open and run the disc via the virtual XP mode.

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 7 of 11 (124 Views)

Mauiblue,

I did manage to pull up the Support page for this model -- there is nothing posted there newer than XP that is actual software.

HP Photosmart 100 Printer Drivers

You might be able to download the XP package and then install / run the program in Compatibility mode.  Pure speculation, of course -- what I know about printer software amounts to very little at the best of times.  I think the idea is a bit thin but it might be worth a shot.

It may be time to think about upgrading to a newer model of printer.   I hate giving up on good hardware that works well.  On the other hand, new printers are real smart these days and you might enjoy the upside of having some new tech.

Sorry it is not better news -- maybe banhien will have a better / alternate idea.   Smiling.  I may have missed something.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help and time from our Experts.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer is a good Fix or Workaround!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation