Question

Student
MGoodwine
Message 1 of 17 (9,663 Views)

hp photosmart b210a - false paper jam message

Clear paper jam message appears on printer screen.  I have followed the clear paper jam instructions.  There is no paper jammed to be seen.  I've unplugged the printer restarted my computer, cleaned out the printer and still the same message.  On a deadline! Please Help!!

Grad Student
Blanco474
Message 2 of 17 (9,649 Views)

Re: hp photosmart b210a - false paper jam message

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am sorry to hear  the problem with your HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer - B210a  printer

May I know the following information?:

If you open the pen door, does the carriage move to the middle?  If not, let me know so I can help you to troubleshoot your unit.

I am an HP employee, Printer/All-in-One Expert.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.
Student
tdesanto62
Message 3 of 17 (9,628 Views)

i have an B210a and have a false paper jam - I have reset seeral times and it is still telling me I have a paper jam

The ink cartridges are not moving to the middle

Grad Student
Blanco474
Message 4 of 17 (9,620 Views)

[ Edited ]

If the carriage is not moving to the center when you open the pen door (the access to the cartridges) and you have checked for any trace of paper jam inside the unit, then the carriage may be stuck, sometimes this is due to a paper jam by the service station or because the carriage was moved when the unit was off. Let's try these steps:

1.- The unit must be ON and showing the error "Paper Jam" as picture 1

2.- Open the pen door, the unit should show the message "Door Open" in the display

3.- You will have to place a piece of paper to trigger the "door-sensor", as shown in the picture 2 (make sure not to push this piece of paper all the way in or it may drop inside the unit, no harm if this happens), this will allow you to have access to the carriage with the door open. Once the sensor is defeated then the unit will go back to the error "paper jam", proceed to next step

4.- Push and HOLD the carriage to the right with your hand as shown in picture 3. Hold it tight since the carriage will try to move and you have to prevent that 5.- While still holding the Carriage, press the "OK" button or icon in the display, the unit will move some internal parts then the carriage, wait until you get the error "Carriage jam", then you can remove your hand, the piece of paper in the door-sensor, close the pen-door and press the "OK" icon in the display, the unit may be fixed by now. The unit will check everything is ok. Your unit should work now!!!!

Also, once the unit recovers, open the pen-door and look for any  paper trapped in the sides of the unit that may prevent the carriage to move freely.

Let me know if this was helpful.

I am an HP employee, Printer/All-in-One Expert.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.
Honor Student
sfboogie
Message 5 of 17 (9,325 Views)

I'm having the same issue. I followed all of the online troubshooting steps, as well as the steps outlined here. Nothing has resolved the issue. The printer has displayed a paper jam error since initial setup. It starts to feed the paper, but then stops. The paper does not appear to be jammed (crumpled, torn, etc.)—it's more like the feeder just stops. When holding the ink cartridge to the right the feeder just 'jams' again. I never get a carriage jam error.

Student
cking010112
Message 6 of 17 (9,285 Views)

I have this exact problem with my photosmart 375. There is no paper jam, and nothing we seem to do clears the message. Any recommendations?

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 7 of 17 (9,274 Views)

Follow this document on how to remove Paper Jam error: 'Paper Jam' Message Displays on the All-in-One

If you follow all the steps outlined in the document and it does not resolve the issue I would go ahead and say the printer needs to be serviced.

Best of luck!

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Intern
Hazelg
Message 8 of 17 (9,005 Views)

I have a false paper jam error on on 5940 Deskjet. The cartridges move back and forth when I lift the top lid but wind up on the right, not in the center. Can you provide a fix for this situation? I tried the reset. I tried taking it all apart.

Student
khhiers36
Message 9 of 17 (8,818 Views)

I have a HP Photosmart Plus B210a, and I followed the directions above. The sensor for the door being open never went off when I plugged the sensor, but I tried to move the cartridge anyway and still nothing worked. I have followed every trouble shooting step I can find and the printer is still not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 10 of 17 (8,814 Views)

hp photosmart b210a - false paper jam message

khhiers36,

Being through the steps you have already been through lets try running the hardware diagnostic utility located here:
http://goo.gl/lpnU9

Let me know the results, Best of Luck!
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation