Question

Honor Student
georgetown
Message 1 of 6 (5,385 Views)

hp photosmart c4795 failed install, windows 7

I have downloaded software and drivers frome the HP web site. Uninstalled old software and drivers, and installed the new software. It has failed everytime with a fatal error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling , and each time it has failed. What do I do now? This printer is only 3 months old. Use it for a boat anchor?

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 6 (5,377 Views)

Re: hp photosmart c4795 failed install, windows 7

What is the full Fatal Error message? Also mention the info you see in the title bar of this message window when it comes up.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
georgetown
Message 3 of 6 (5,360 Views)

I downloaded software&drivers again, uninstalled old software and drivers again. Reinstalled software&drivers, it went all the way to

the configuration and stalled for the longest time and the "fatal error during installation" came up. Error logs were uploaded to HP. And here I am again, with a product that doesn't work. I've done this routine for 4 days now.

Not a happy camper in Caballo New Mexico.

Honor Student
georgetown
Message 4 of 6 (5,253 Views)

???????????????????? How was this solved? I've received no instruction to resolve this problem.
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 5 of 6 (5,244 Views)

You must've clicked on teh 'Solution?' button by mistake. Just go to 'Options' on the top right corner of my post which is marked as the Solution, and select the option to Unmark as accepted solution.

As for the issue, press the Windows+R buttons on your keyboard to bring up the Run window, and then type %temp% in it and click OK. In the folder that opens, look for a folder named HP, or one starting with 7zS and open it. Now look for the folders util\ccc and then run the file named Uninstall_L3.bat to uninstall the software. Once this is done, restart the PC. Go to Programs and Features and remove all HP printer related software, then reinstall the software.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
Beech
Message 6 of 6 (3,099 Views)

I bought yesterday and spent 5 hours trying to install it with no luck. 

I am running Win 7 64 bit.  I have a Linksys WRT61ON Ver 2 router, running WPA2, and has a 5GHz and 2.4GHz connections.  I tried to install from the CD, was told by the BestBuy geeks that I needed the 64 bit driver.  I downloaded that driver and tried installing.   tried both the 5GHz and 2.4GHz network names.  The computer accesses the internet via the 2.4GHz name.  Still no luck.

When the setup routine asks to access the router, I let it.  It finds both the network names, and wants to choose 5GHz.  I let it.  The password is *** out.  The routine then starts "Running Network Diagnostics."  It goes through "Connecting to Printer," "Checking Settings for Network Adapter Atheros AR5B93...," and "Checking Wireless Radio."  The progress bar is at 50%.  At that point it fails, saying "Problems may exist with network functions of the printer" and "Your printer cannot detect your wireless router."  I have tried entering the password to the network myself, still no luck. 

After each attempt I have uninstalled the drivers using the uninstall option of the setup.  I've tried powering down the PC, printer, and router, bringing them up and reinstalling.  Still no luck. 

Any help would be very much appreciated.  Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation