Question

Top Student
nalautus
Message 1 of 12 (20,694 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp psc 1215 all-in-one installing on Windows 7

Hello,

I have a hp psc 1215 all-in-one priner-scanner-copier which I would like to install on my new computer (Windows 7).

If I use the installation disk I can only use the scanner-options but printing isn't possible. Can't find a new driver online anywhere for the 1200 series. How can I make my printer working again?

Thanks for your solution in advance!

Kind Regards,

Nathalie

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 12 (20,675 Views)

Re: hp psc 1215 all-in-one installing on Windows 7

Hi Nathalie,

The printer driver already included within Windows 7.

You should connect the USB cable and the computer should automatically recognize the printer .

For any issue, make sure your PC configured to retrieve the latest driver:

1. On the taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ).
  2. In the Search Programs and Files box , type change device installation .
  3. Click Change device installation settings . The Device Installation Settings window opens.
  4. If it is not already selected, select Yes, do this automatically (recommended) , and then click Save Changes .

If the printer still not being detected, try following the document below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02663742&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=412187

Please let me know of any progress,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
nalautus
Message 3 of 12 (20,662 Views)

Hello Shlomi,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have checked and the PC configuration is correct.

Unfortunately the linked page gave no solution. After selecting the manufacturer (HP, Hewlett Packard isn't listed) the printer isn't listed either. If I choose the option "have disk" and select the drive with the manufactures original CD, the next message appears: "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows x64-based systems."

Maybe you know an other solution? Like to hear it :smileyhappy:

Kind Regards,

Nathalie

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 12 (20,658 Views)

Hi Nathalie,

Make sure not to use the original CD as it is not supported by Windows7 as you may find listed on the disk label.

If you cannot locate your either HP PSC 1200, 1210 or 1215 listed under HP, repeat the steps provided by the documnt.

Click the Windows Update button below the printers list, wait several minutes till the update completes and the printer list appears again.

Now you should find your printer model listed.

Please let me know of any issue.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
nalautus
Message 5 of 12 (20,651 Views)

Hi Shlomil,

There is no Windows update button bellow the printerlist? I did run all other Windows updates but the list didn't change.

I have also searched the Internet to find a download for drivers for the hp psc 1200 series for Windows 7 but I haven't succeeded yet... Perhaps the printer is to old? I'll keep looking.

no update button

Kind Regards,

Nathalie

Top Student
nalautus
Message 6 of 12 (20,648 Views)

Shlomil,

I just plugged in the usb cable and Windows automaticly found the printer this time and it WORKS!!!

Probably one of the Windows updates did the trick?

Thank you so much for your help!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Kind Regards,

Nathalie

Student
warooda
Message 7 of 12 (20,426 Views)

i want to identify my printer(psc1215) on laptop

Top Student
nalautus
Message 8 of 12 (20,424 Views)

Hello Warooda,

I don't know exactly what you mean but did you already follow the steps like explained above?

Kind Regards,

Nalautus

Student
RaySpit
Message 9 of 12 (20,365 Views)

I have installed windows 7 ultimate and cannot print/scan with my HPpsc1215. Tried to remove and reinsall printer but the follwing error persists

psc printer             X No driver found

Tried to install driver and although message "windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date" printer still did not work -printed a blank page. In addition the "Scan Icon" i used to see on my desktop is still not present. How can I print and scan ?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Top Student
nalautus
Message 10 of 12 (20,337 Views)

Sorry but I think I don't have a solution for your problem :smileysad: I have posted my question and somebody with lots of expierence was so kind to help me. I would advice you to make your own post because it isn't the same problem as mine (you placed your question in an already solved post). Hope someone with more expierence will help you then!

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation