Question

Top Student
BrockmanPC
Message 1 of 4 (319 Views)
Accepted Solution

hpqusgh error message: Could not connect to Content URL/Default Content

Printer Software Update Available window appears automatcally on my screen.  When I click yes to continue, get the following error message:

hpqusgh

Could not connect to Content URL/Default Content

I have searched the HP website to see if there is an update for my HP OfficeJet 4500 G510g-m printer.  I could not find an update avialable.  Is this important?  Is there even an update available for an HP OfficeJet printer?

Mark Brockman

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 4 (284 Views)

Re: hpqusgh error message: Could not connect to Content URL/Default Content

Hi BrockmanPC,

I understand you have an Officejet 4500 that tried to run an update recently but failed. I'm sorry to hear this, but I will absolutely do my best to assist you!

Generally the hpqusgh is related to the HP Customer Participation Program, which can be deleted from your computer, and doesn't affect any functionality on the printer itself. As @lions99 mentioned in his post, you would just have to remove the HP Customer Participation Program from the Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs section (depending on which version of Windows you have).

If you're not sure how to remove it, please just let me know which version of Windows you're working with and I will get back to you :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Student
duvnas
Message 3 of 4 (222 Views)

I have that error message.

The advice yields me a warning that I should not remoive customer participation with my 8500 printer. What to do.

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 4 of 4 (215 Views)

Hi duvnas,

The customer participation program basically just tracks errors messages and ink usage with the printer to further improve the next generation of printers by seeing how the current ones are being used. There will be no change to the functionality of your printer or your software by removing that one component, so feel free to ignore that warning and remove it anyhow :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation