Question

Honor Student
nojustice
Message 1 of 26 (23,799 Views)

hprblog.exe

I have an issue with HPRBLOG.EXE running itself randomly and subsequently going into a full-blown memory leak.  In Windows Task Manager, it shows 99% CPU usage while it's running.  Luckily it is easy to kill the process in Task Manager, but it's very inconvenient for this to happen over and over on a daily basis.  I don't even know which program - of the dozen or so programs or drivers that this printer installed - this is tied to.  There is little other information on the net except shady companies trying to get you to buy their driver scanning crapware.

This is in Windows XP SP3 fully updated (slagged my hard drive and re-loaded ALL of my software to fix this printer not being able to load drivers. - and now connects, prints, scans, and

The printer installed is a new HP C6380 All-in-one connected through a LAN.  This printer works wonderfully with my other PC and two laptops on our wireless network.

Can anyone tell me what this program does (hmmmm ... HP and BLOG spells spyware), and how I can uninstall just this portion of the software for the printer?

Thanks ~ Joe

Honor Student
nojustice
Message 2 of 26 (23,756 Views)

Re: hprblog.exe C6380 HELP!

No response?  Anyone?
Student
lindawadman
Message 3 of 26 (23,686 Views)

I don't have a solution, but I am experiencing the same problem with an HP5280 all in one.  Mine is not on a network, just connected by USB cable to a stand alone machine.  I also have an HP 8200 photo printer installed on the same computer.  It totally locks up my system unless I kill the process.

I've had nothing but problems since I installed the 5280.  First it failed to install correctly; then wouldn't uninstall to reinstall properly.  When I finally got it installed, it kept disappearing so from August until December when I finally found the HP fix in support for the disappearing problem every time I booted the system I had to re-install the printer..  What was their clue there was a problem, that there were thousands more installations than they sold printers?  I'm ready to take a hammer to the whole thing. It's made using my system miserable.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 26 (23,739 Views)

is both of your COMPUTERS manufactured by HP? if not, then uninstall the HP Product Assistant from Add/Remove Programs.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
avidapper
Message 5 of 26 (23,299 Views)

I'm having the same problem with hprblog.exe taking up 100% CPU whenever I use my C4280 All-in-one or if I just have the all-in-one turned on when I turn my computer (which IS made by HP, Compaq Presario SR1550NX ).  It's very annoying to have to keep turning it off.  What can I do to get rid of it or replace it with the noncorrupted version.  I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the all-in-one software. 

Thanks for your help.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 6 of 26 (23,295 Views)

You could try what i suggested in the post just above yours...
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
newretiree
Message 7 of 26 (20,997 Views)

I recently started having the same hprblog.exe problem after using the HP Officejet J4550 All-inOne for almost a year.  I tried to follow the suggestion to remove the Product Assistant from Add/Delete Programs, but it is not listed there on my computer.

I had a text message coversation with the HP Help Desk and they suggested just changing the preference in the hprbupdate.exe program within the Product Assistant.  Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to get to  the Product Assistant's menu using "Run."   Suggestions on solving the very annoying hprblog.exe problem?  Seems to me that HP owes us a software update to fix this problem!

Student
pvwyk
Message 8 of 26 (20,941 Views)

I bought a F4283 All in one and long and behold have the same problem with hprblox.exe. I find it highly regretable that i have to read that for over a year HP have not solved this problem. I am very close to chucking this printer in the bin and buying another make altogether. This after having been a appy HP customer for a number of years.

Honor Student
newretiree
Message 9 of 26 (20,899 Views)

Re: hprblog.exe

Last night hprblog.exe showed a new face.  Again consuming nearly 100% of my PC's resources.  I was unable to close it in the Task Manager window.  I received a message saying I did not have access to closing this process (even though I am an Administrator on my PC).  The only thing I could do at that time was to reboot the computer.  No problem yet today, but HP needs to address this problem which  appears to to be impacting many users.  I don't recall that I had the problem until I did a printer software update about 2-3 weeks ago. Seems it should be addressed in FAQ's. I'm still would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to uninstall Product Assistant if that will solve the problem.
Student
hellegl
Message 10 of 26 (20,803 Views)

I would like to try your suggestion but I can't find "HP Product Assistant" in the control panel.  Perhaps it is lurking under another name?  If I can find the program could you please tell me what option or product enhancements I would be missing if I uninstalled it?  I have a HP Photosmart D7560 printer.  Thanks for any help you can give me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation