Question

Tutor
bishy
Message 1 of 21 (356 Views)

i have an office jet 5610 running on windows 7. the scanner has stopped working.

i have an office jet 5610 running on windows 7 32bit. the scanner has stopped working. the original cd is for windows xp so no good, i have tried to update driver from hp, from microsoft, used scanner diagnostic tool, removed and reinstalled but still not working, any suggestions?

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 21 (346 Views)

Re: i have an office jet 5610 running on windows 7. the scanner has stopped working.

Hey Bishy. Just a word of advice, dont use the CDs. They are typically out of date and tend to cause more issues then they are worth. Have you tried the HP Print and Scan Doctor yet? Ive found it extremely helpful in resolving issues.

If that doesnt work post back with any errors you receive and we can go on from there.

Thanks,

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Tutor
bishy
Message 3 of 21 (344 Views)

Re: i have an office jet 5610 running on windows 7. the scanner has stopped working.

Thanks for the reply but I've already tried this. The utility runs, i get a green tick for connectivity & device manager. When it gets to drivers, the progress bar gets most of the way across and the error says, 'Scanner is not responding. If you see any confirmation dialog, please proceed with scan. If no dialog is displayed you can try cycle the power of your device and restart diagnostic utility.' The On button on the machine is flashing and the message says Scanning and then nothing happens. I switch the machine off and back on again, re-run the utility and the same thing happens again.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 4 of 21 (339 Views)

What application(s) have you tried scanning from? Does this error happen with every program you try?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Tutor
bishy
Message 5 of 21 (334 Views)

I've used HP Solution centre & Windows Fax & Scan, they both work if I use the document feeder. Most of the docs I need to scan won't go through a feeder, when I use flat bed, they both lock-up

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 6 of 21 (328 Views)

Ok. Lets try this:

1. Right-click My Computer , and then click Properties .
  2. Select the Device Manager tab.
  3. Open the entry for Imaging Device .
  4. Highlight the all-in-one entry below Imaging Device then click Remove . Try scanning again.

If this step does not work you will need to reinstall the software/driver pack. Let me know if this fixes the issues.

-SeanS

Tutor
bishy
Message 7 of 21 (320 Views)

Many thanks, tried this, had to do a re-install. Same problem but now when I use HP Solution Centre I get 'Parsing error in file c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqscloc\1033.xml' so can't scan at all. Windows scanner is ok using the document feeder, but when I use flatbed I get the same message.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 8 of 21 (318 Views)

Alright, lets try this:

From Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads​.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

Enter your Printer Model and go to Software & Driver Downloads

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads​.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

Enter your Printer Model and go to Software & Driver Downloads

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

Hope this helps!

SeanS

Tutor
bishy
Message 9 of 21 (306 Views)

Many thanks for the info, followed all the instructions, got a message saying Installation complete, but still got the exact same problem

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 10 of 21 (304 Views)

No problem. So you can still scan through the document feeder, just not the flatbed? Have you tried using any other applications to try and scan with?

-SeanS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation