08-13-2014 07:31 AM
I have a Pavilion dv6 lap-top. When I attempt to print a document, without first turning on my cable connected printer (HP3510), which is supposed to happen automatically, the lap-top almost always shuts down before the printing is complete, and even when the printer is turned on it often happens. The lap-top will reboot and the process will happen again and again. Eventually a print will be completed, but I end up printing everything several times before I get a complete print. This has happened since I purchased a new HP 3510 printer, which has been re-installed a number of times. It never happened with my old printer.
08-14-2014 10:56 AM
Do you have the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable, if so, is it in a 2.0 port or a 3.0 port?
3.0 ports are supposed to be backwards compatible, but I have seen issues arise when using them for printers. If you are using a 2.0 port, can you try another USB cable?
Please let me know if you are indeed connected with USB, which port type you are using, and what operating system you have.
Please also try the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Click here to download and run the Print and Scan Doctor>www.hp.com/go/tools
If that does not resolve the issue, post back and let me know if there are any symbols other than green check marks and what they are next to of course. The wrench is not always easy to spot as the wrench and the check mart are in the green circle.
- If you see only green check marks ( ), the tool did not find any problems.
- If you see green wrenches ( ), the utility identified an issue and corrected it automatically.
- If you see yellow exclamation points ( ), the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped.
- If you see a red X ( ), follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Please click the Thumbs Up below to show you like my post or to say thanks, doing so helps brighten my day!
- I work on behalf of HP
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS