Question

Student
RLKW
Message 1 of 2 (68 Views)

lap-top shutdown when printing

I have a Pavilion dv6 lap-top.  When I attempt to print a document, without first turning on my cable connected printer (HP3510), which is supposed to happen automatically, the lap-top almost always shuts down before the printing is complete, and even when the printer is turned on it often happens. The lap-top will reboot and the process will happen again and again. Eventually a print will be completed, but I end up printing everything several times before I get a complete print.  This has happened since I purchased a new HP 3510 printer, which has been re-installed a number of times.  It never happened with my old printer.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 2 (50 Views)

Re: lap-top shutdown when printing

Hi @RLKW 

Do you have the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable, if so, is it in a 2.0 port or a 3.0 port?

3.0.JPG

3.0 ports are supposed to be backwards compatible, but I have seen issues arise when using them for printers. If you are using a 2.0 port, can you try another USB cable?

Please let me know if you are indeed connected with USB, which port type you are using, and what operating system you have.

Please also try the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Click here to download and run the Print and Scan Doctor>www.hp.com/go/tools

If that does not resolve the issue, post back and let me know if there are any symbols other than green check marks and what they are next to of course. The wrench is not always easy to spot as the wrench and the check mart are in the green circle. 

• If you see only green check marks ( ), the tool did not find any problems.
  • If you see green wrenches ( ), the utility identified an issue and corrected it automatically.
  • If you see yellow exclamation points ( ), the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped.
  • If you see a red X ( ), follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation