07-19-2012 04:52 PM
There currently is not a driver for Windows Vista. There is a workaround I found on another site. Here are the steps:
1) Download and extract the latest HP Laserjet 1000 XP drivers
2) Then go to Start /Control Panel /printers .... then Add a Printer
3) Next select.... Add a local Printer
4) Check "Use an existing port" and on the right there is an option to choose a port.
choose "USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)"
5) on next window choose HP laserjet 1000 (if in list) or choose disk if not and browse to the files (only browse if the HP lj 1000 is NOT in the list.)
Soure: Vista Fix for Laserjet 1000
Let me know if this resolves your issue.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS