07-17-2012 09:37 PM
I have a HP LaserJet M1217 ncf MPF - Product number CE844A
I was running Windows Vista when I initially installed it. I have subsequently installed and Run Windows 7. The Printer has worked perfectly, but today i went to scan a document using ReadIris and I get "Cannot open the Twain default source".
So I have bought the upgrade to ReadIris (not necessary I now realize!!!) and I have down loaded the Drivers from the HP site for the M1217 and have restarted the laptop and when I went to scan the document what do i get but
"Cannot open teh Twain default source" Argggh after an afternoons work no further!!!! Anybody any ideas?
07-19-2012 12:14 PM
If I here you correctly, you upgraded your Windows Vista PC to Windows 7. Which WIndows 7 version?
Say "Thanks" by clicking the blue Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"; therefore, it's easier for others to find.
I am an HP employee.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS