Question

Honor Student
drjimmnla
Message 1 of 19 (10,465 Views)
Accepted Solution

missing OfficeJet t45 print driver for Windows7

When is HP going to provide a Windows7 print driver for OfficeJet t45?

Grad Student
dqmcg
Message 2 of 19 (10,454 Views)

Re: missing OfficeJet t45 print driver for Windows7

I don't beieve there is a plan to build and release a Win 7 driver for that model printer. however you can try an alternate driver such as the dj960 or dj990.

I've included a link to the 990 driver from HP.com

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01874792&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=61686&tmp_t...

Dave M.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
drjimmnla
Message 3 of 19 (10,445 Views)

The 990c driver does not print, but moves paper through the printer.

Honor Student
drjimmnla
Message 4 of 19 (10,443 Views)

The 990 nor the 980 works.  Any further suggestions?

Grad Student
dqmcg
Message 5 of 19 (10,429 Views)

Have you tried the c960 driver?

Dave M.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
I am an HP employee.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 19 (10,425 Views)

I would expect "never".  For printing you could use the Officejet R45 driver as an alternative.  Go to Start, Devices and Printers, Add a Printer, select the proper port, OK, then click on Windows Update and wait for the list to repopulate.  Once the list repopulates select HP (not Hewlett-Packard) as the manufacturer and select the HP Officejet R45 from the list.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
metalnun
Message 7 of 19 (10,408 Views)

I have installed the driver for the Officejet R45, supposedly "successfully" but nothing will print.  How do I know which port to select?  I have it plugged into a USB port and have chosen USB001.  Does  it matter which USB port I am plugged into, and if so, how can I tell?  I have tried several different ones without success.  I have run printer troubleshooter and it didn't find any problems other than the failed test page in the queue, which I deleted...  I REALLY don't want to buy a new printer, this one works great.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Honor Student
metalnun
Message 8 of 19 (10,406 Views)

HURRAY!!!  I just remembered that I am using a "parallel to USB" cable which requires a "virtual" port.  I rebooted the computer, then went into the printer preferences and discovered that there was now a port called USB002 "virtual printer port for USB".  I selected that port and now it's printing perfectly!  Thanks so much for recommending the Officejet R45 as an alternativ driver.

Student
joanne49
Message 9 of 19 (10,035 Views)

The tech person from my office used you instructions to get my T45 4 in 1 machine printing after I was upgraded to a new computer. Thank you for this info.

Is theres a way to get the fax capabilites to work? I loved the fax  features of the T45 and  would like to set up a fax phone book again to fax using my computer to personalize cover pages and send group faxes.

Thank you for your advice.

Student
joannehpuser
Message 10 of 19 (9,822 Views)

The tech person from my office used you instructions to get my T45 4 in 1 machine printing after I was upgraded to a new computer; " For printing you could use the Officejet R45 driver as an alternative." Thank you for this info.

Is theres a way to get the fax capabilites to work? I loved the fax  features of the T45 and  would like to set up a fax phone book again to fax using my computer to personalize cover pages and send group faxes.

I would also like to scan to email.

Thank you for any advice.

joanne

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation