Question

Honor Student
rareutu
Message 1 of 8 (948 Views)

my deskjet F4180 doesn't work at all with the mavericks on mac. A driver update probably?

Tried to find an older version for the F4180 i own but it seems to be vanished!

Is there going to be an update or a new driver for it cause i can't afford buying a new printer right now and apple doesn't have support for it.

Thank you for your time.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 8 (897 Views)

Re: my deskjet F4180 doesn't work at all with the mavericks on mac. A driver update probably?

Hi rareutu,

I would like to help. Although you may not find a driver from the HP website that is compatible with the OS X Mavericks, you should still be able to print. Try resetting the printing system and adding the printer back again. Follow the steps below.

1. Click the Apple icon (  ), and then click   System Preferences .
  2. In the Hardware section, click   Print & Fax  . The   Print & Fax  dialog box opens.
  3. Right-click (or  Ctrl  +click) in the left panel, and then click   Reset printing system…
  4. Click   OK  to confirm the reset.
  5. Type the correct   Name  and   Password  .
  6. Click   OK  to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected.
Then check for Apple Updates

1. Click the Apple icon (  ), and then click   Software Update  . The system checks for software updates.
  2. Click   Install  , and then follow the onscreen instructions to download and install any software updates.
Add printer back the Print and Scan
  1. Click the Apple icon (  ), and then click System Preferences .
  2. In the Hardware section, click   Print & Fax  . The   Print & Fax  dialog box opens.
  3. Click the Plus Symbol (+)
  4. Select Add other printer or scanner.
  5. Choose your printer.

Hope this helps

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
hpsmitty
Message 3 of 8 (857 Views)

Re: my deskjet F4180 doesn't work at all with the mavericks on mac. A driver update probably?

I have found that mine stopped working as a networked printer so shifted it to be directly plugged in via USB and when OSX searched for a driver for it no joy.  However, I have just downloaded this --->

http://supportdownload.apple.com/download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/M...

and now it is working via USB, haven't had a chance to network it again so can't comment on that but will look into it.

HPSmitty

Honor Student
rareutu
Message 4 of 8 (839 Views)

haven't got the time yet to try what you guys suggested but i clicked on the link you posted and it says "not found". 

Honor Student
rareutu
Message 5 of 8 (836 Views)

Unfortunately nothing works. Tried what you said, reseted and readded but when i tried to print a text my printer crashed. all its buttons started flashing and it didn't stop unless i turned it off. Tried it a couple of times. Such a shame such a big company not to give a crap about it. Thanks for your time guys though

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 6 of 8 (815 Views)

Hi rareutu,

I am sorry this has been such a challenge. What I can suggest at this point is maybe upgrading to a newer printer model. I understated from your first post that you are not in a position to buy a new printer but I would like you to know that you may be able to get a discount from HP.

Contact HP for trade in options.

Best of luck.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
aiz Student
Student
aiz
Message 7 of 8 (442 Views)

Did you guys at  HP fix this problem already?

Thanks.

Honor Student
hpsmitty
Message 8 of 8 (427 Views)

Mine doesn't work, having to stick with USB for now and am going to invest in a new printer which support AirPrint.

Best of luck...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation