Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (1,048 Views)

my deskjet F4180 doesn't work at all with the mavericks on mac. A driver update probably?

Tried to find an older version for the F4180 i own but it seems to be vanished!

Is there going to be an update or a new driver for it cause i can't afford buying a new printer right now and apple doesn't have support for it.

Thank you for your time.

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 8 (997 Views)

Re: my deskjet F4180 doesn't work at all with the mavericks on mac. A driver update probably?

Hi rareutu,

I would like to help. Although you may not find a driver from the HP website that is compatible with the OS X Mavericks, you should still be able to print. Try resetting the printing system and adding the printer back again. Follow the steps below.

1. Click the Apple icon (  ), and then click   System Preferences .
  2. In the Hardware section, click   Print & Fax  . The   Print & Fax  dialog box opens.
  3. Right-click (or  Ctrl  +click) in the left panel, and then click   Reset printing system…
  4. Click   OK  to confirm the reset.
  5. Type the correct   Name  and   Password  .
  6. Click   OK  to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected.
Then check for Apple Updates

1. Click the Apple icon (  ), and then click   Software Update  . The system checks for software updates.
  2. Click   Install  , and then follow the onscreen instructions to download and install any software updates.
Add printer back the Print and Scan
  1. Click the Apple icon (  ), and then click System Preferences .
  2. In the Hardware section, click   Print & Fax  . The   Print & Fax  dialog box opens.
  3. Click the Plus Symbol (+)
  4. Select Add other printer or scanner.
  5. Choose your printer.

Hope this helps

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005 - I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (957 Views)

Re: my deskjet F4180 doesn't work at all with the mavericks on mac. A driver update probably?

I have found that mine stopped working as a networked printer so shifted it to be directly plugged in via USB and when OSX searched for a driver for it no joy.  However, I have just downloaded this --->

http://supportdownload.apple.com/download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/M...

and now it is working via USB, haven't had a chance to network it again so can't comment on that but will look into it.

HPSmitty

Honor Student
Message 4 of 8 (939 Views)

haven't got the time yet to try what you guys suggested but i clicked on the link you posted and it says "not found". 

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (936 Views)

Unfortunately nothing works. Tried what you said, reseted and readded but when i tried to print a text my printer crashed. all its buttons started flashing and it didn't stop unless i turned it off. Tried it a couple of times. Such a shame such a big company not to give a crap about it. Thanks for your time guys though

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 8 (915 Views)

Hi rareutu,

I am sorry this has been such a challenge. What I can suggest at this point is maybe upgrading to a newer printer model. I understated from your first post that you are not in a position to buy a new printer but I would like you to know that you may be able to get a discount from HP.

Contact HP for trade in options.

Best of luck.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005 - I work on behalf of HP

aiz Student
Student
Message 7 of 8 (542 Views)

Did you guys at  HP fix this problem already?

Thanks.

Honor Student
Message 8 of 8 (527 Views)

Mine doesn't work, having to stick with USB for now and am going to invest in a new printer which support AirPrint.

Best of luck...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation