05-15-2014 05:19 AM
My Officejet 6700 all in one printer stopped functioning one month after the warranty ...it sent a fax and then indicated I should try powering off and on and if not then functional once more ,I should contact HP. Easier said than done; I truly now think HP makes it as difficult as possible to speak to an actual human technician as no- where can you actually find a phone number for HP South Africa and trying the general help options are just as unhelpful, sending you in circles with no promised email or online chat solutions.
My local independent technician sent the item away and called a few days later to say that it was 'uneconomical to repair'...as the new printinghead would cost R1300 for the part (for a machine that cost R2000 new 13 months ago...)but that the lab he sent it to did'nt even want to fix it even if I was prepared to pay for the part.
So I have started using my old black and white Samsung again,no wifi unfortunately but still functioning. I WILL NEVER, AS LONG AS I LIVE, EVER BUY ANY HP ITEMS AGAIN!
05-16-2014 11:49 AM
I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS