Question

Student
Issybon
Message 1 of 2 (2,096 Views)

my printer won't print it says drivers not installed , but was working properly before

my printer won't print it says drivers not installed , but was working properly before

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (2,082 Views)

Re: my printer won't print it says drivers not installed , but was working properly before

Hi Issybon,

Drivers are like that.  They get corrupted and then think are they are not there.

You can get probably get them back - better yet, you might be able to get "better software" for your printer, depending on what it is and what kind of operating system you have on your computer.

If you can get it, go for the Full Feature Software for your printer.  It has "all things printing" for your printer and will make your printing experience much better all around.  Like I said - it all depends on what you have...

If you have a notebook or a Desktop computer, then this is the place to start... If not, then you'll have to come back and tell more about what kind of printing and computer environment you have...

Try this:

Install Printer Driver / Software

If your printer stops working (and it’s not a hardware problem), it may be due to software or driver issues.  There are tools to help you diagnose the problem and help documents to guide you to success.  You might just desire extra features for your printer, or need extra tools to help with scheduled maintenance.

In many cases, you can (re)install the Full Feature Software for your printer to enhance its capabilities.

(Re)install the basic driver or Full Feature Software:

Drivers control hardware connected to the computer (wired or wireless).

Software controls the programs that interact with the User.

• Go to the top of the forum page to Support and Drivers
  • Enter your Printer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
  • Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu...  Scroll down
  • Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
  • Select the appropriate Basic Driver or Full Feature Software – if available for your printer Save the *.exe installation package on your computer -
  • NOTE the name and the location - the *.exe file will likely save to "Downloads “Install the Software / Driver installation package:  It will be named *.exe – the package will most likely be located in the Downloads folder.  If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.

NOTE:  There is sometimes a lot of information at the printer’s website.  Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.

I hope this helps...

It is my pleasure to assist.

Say “Thanks!” for the Help by clicking the Kudos Star to show your appreciation.

Fixed?  Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to help others find the answers.

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation