need basic driver for D110a (128 Views)
Top Student
bhlass
Message 1 of 5 (128 Views)

need basic driver for D110a

My Dad just got a new computer to replace his old XP.  I got everything setup but the CD for his Printer wouldn't properly run.  I downloaded the full load from the drivers page but it failed to run because it couldn't find a file (seriously after the full download?)  All I really need is the basic driver, but a search identifies a number of links for different drivers for various printers.  Is this really the best that HP can do.  How about a link from the driver page that has both the full S/W load and the basic driver?

Can someone point me to the correct driver?

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 5 (106 Views)

Re: need basic driver for D110a

Hello there, I hope you're well:smileyhappy:

I noticed your post about the issue you are having with installing the Photosmart D110 model on a new computer. I understand the installation failed as you seen a certain error message. Could you please let me know the exact error message (Example: System cannot find file specified, etc) and which operating system is on the new computer?

Also, if you are running a Windows OS, try running the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows to see if the install will work with that tool.

Help to find which Operating System you are running:
Which Windows Operating System am I running?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

Thanks!:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
bhlass
Message 3 of 5 (88 Views)

The wizard did not work.  I got an error that file could not be found.    The system is 8.1 64 bit.  The installation wizard tried running a solution but had an error when it was trying to uninstall files and could not complete the task.  

Top Student
bhlass
Message 4 of 5 (83 Views)

Some additional information: The Control Panel shows the printer but says a driver is unavailble. The Wizard found the printer and downloaded the full S/W suite which I had previously done with a failed installation, when the download completed, it tried running the wizard again. What???

My guess is that there's some sort of bug that prevents the D110a s/w from installing on 8.1

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 5 of 5 (53 Views)

Hi there bhlass,

Thanks for your information and sorry about the delay in responding. I have been researching this issue and I would like for you to try some steps I have posted in another thread.

Click here to see the post and steps: Windows 8.1 Installation Issue

I hope that does the trick!

Have a great day:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation