Question
Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (185 Views)

need basic driver for D110a

My Dad just got a new computer to replace his old XP.  I got everything setup but the CD for his Printer wouldn't properly run.  I downloaded the full load from the drivers page but it failed to run because it couldn't find a file (seriously after the full download?)  All I really need is the basic driver, but a search identifies a number of links for different drivers for various printers.  Is this really the best that HP can do.  How about a link from the driver page that has both the full S/W load and the basic driver?

Can someone point me to the correct driver?

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 5 (163 Views)

Re: need basic driver for D110a

Hello there, I hope you're well:smileyhappy:

I noticed your post about the issue you are having with installing the Photosmart D110 model on a new computer. I understand the installation failed as you seen a certain error message. Could you please let me know the exact error message (Example: System cannot find file specified, etc) and which operating system is on the new computer?

Also, if you are running a Windows OS, try running the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows to see if the install will work with that tool.

Help to find which Operating System you are running:
Which Windows Operating System am I running?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

Thanks!:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (145 Views)

The wizard did not work.  I got an error that file could not be found.    The system is 8.1 64 bit.  The installation wizard tried running a solution but had an error when it was trying to uninstall files and could not complete the task.  

Top Student
Message 4 of 5 (140 Views)

Some additional information: The Control Panel shows the printer but says a driver is unavailble. The Wizard found the printer and downloaded the full S/W suite which I had previously done with a failed installation, when the download completed, it tried running the wizard again. What???

My guess is that there's some sort of bug that prevents the D110a s/w from installing on 8.1

HP Support Agent
Message 5 of 5 (110 Views)

Hi there bhlass,

Thanks for your information and sorry about the delay in responding. I have been researching this issue and I would like for you to try some steps I have posted in another thread.

Click here to see the post and steps: Windows 8.1 Installation Issue

I hope that does the trick!

Have a great day:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation