Question
ocr software. how do i find it?
Replies (12)

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 11 of 13 (1,367 Views)

Re: ocr software. how do i find it?

Hi folks,

The Photosmart 5510 does not come with OCR software, in fact most of the photosmarts don't.

You can download free versions of OCR or purchase it from a store. I usually recommend Readiris, because I am familiar with it but there are many software developers to choose from. You could download Readiris or others from 3rd party websites as well but I have no one to suggest. Consider using Google to search something like free OCR software, use your judgement when deciding which free version to truest of course.

My personal suggestion is to purchase a paid version from a store to ensure you are not putting your computer at risk.

Hope this information helps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Student
HPcheetah
Message 12 of 13 (1,010 Views)

OCR is not included with this HP Photosmart 5510 (or 5524) printer software package, however, we can install OCR which is part of other printer s/w package. Follow below instructions:

1) Download and save the driver package using below link. The package is for HP OJ Pro 8500A A910n printer

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=4083971&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

Note: Select the operating system from the drop down menu and download the Full Feature Software. 

2) Once downloaded, start the installation. Uncheck all the options except "IRIS OCR". Two options will be greyed out so not to worry abt that

3) When the connection screen appears, select "Connect Later" and finish the installation Process.

4) Now open HPPhotosmart 5510 scan window. Select "Everyday Scan" and from the drop down menu for "File Type" select "RTF" or "Searchable PDF"

5) Try scanning

Honor Student
BluebirdKate
Message 13 of 13 (964 Views)

Susifran wrote:

I have just bought  Photosmart 5510 and want to know how to activate the  OCR software. This was the reason I selected the printer, but only seem to be able to scan in a picture typr format. URGENT HELP or I will have to return it to Staples as they assured me I could do it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation