11-11-2013 01:11 PM
The Photosmart 5510 does not come with OCR software, in fact most of the photosmarts don't.
You can download free versions of OCR or purchase it from a store. I usually recommend Readiris, because I am familiar with it but there are many software developers to choose from. You could download Readiris or others from 3rd party websites as well but I have no one to suggest. Consider using Google to search something like free OCR software, use your judgement when deciding which free version to truest of course.
My personal suggestion is to purchase a paid version from a store to ensure you are not putting your computer at risk.
Hope this information helps.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Sunshyn2005 - I work on behalf of HP
02-14-2014 07:36 AM
OCR is not included with this HP Photosmart 5510 (or 5524) printer software package, however, we can install OCR which is part of other printer s/w package. Follow below instructions:
1) Download and save the driver package using below link. The package is for HP OJ Pro 8500A A910n printer
Note: Select the operating system from the drop down menu and download the Full Feature Software.
2) Once downloaded, start the installation. Uncheck all the options except "IRIS OCR". Two options will be greyed out so not to worry abt that
3) When the connection screen appears, select "Connect Later" and finish the installation Process.
4) Now open HPPhotosmart 5510 scan window. Select "Everyday Scan" and from the drop down menu for "File Type" select "RTF" or "Searchable PDF"
5) Try scanning
02-21-2014 09:26 AM
I have just bought Photosmart 5510 and want to know how to activate the OCR software. This was the reason I selected the printer, but only seem to be able to scan in a picture typr format. URGENT HELP or I will have to return it to Staples as they assured me I could do it.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS