09-12-2011 11:18 AM
I downloaded the full installation package and when my printer tries to install I get an error message "Need Officejet Reflash Driver" ....where can I get this? I tried to search online, but can't find an answer. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help?
09-12-2011 11:58 PM
You need this:
vista 32 bit:
vista 64 bit:
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
01-13-2014 05:34 PM
For the past three weeks I've been trying to install an officejet4215xi on my Vista Home Premium (32-bit) desktop.
Will recognize the scanner, will fax and will copy but printer will not install. Works fine with my XP laptop, so it's not an issue with the printer. Any suggections?
01-23-2014 11:03 AM
Hi there geekcypriot,
I just came across your posts about your installation stalling and I would like to help you if you are still having this problem. I have done some research and have some suggestions for you.
Here is what I recommend:
1. Perform a clean boot: How to Perform a Clean Boot - Scroll down to the bottom and choose Windows 7 and Windows Vista and f... (your computer will restart).
2. Uninstall (by completing a LEVEL 3 uninstall) the files associated with your device by using a removal tool: HP Officejet Software and Driver Removal Utility. (Your PC will restart again, if not, restart it manually)
3. Reinstall the Driver: HP Officejet 4215xi All-in-One Printer Drivers.
4. Revert back to Step.1 and restart the services that are disabled.
I hope this helps you!
All the best,
I work on behalf of HP
01-23-2014 05:30 PM
That didn't resolve the problem either. There appears to be some sort of a hardware conflict with the desktop I'm installing it on. The Driver Software Installation dialog boxLists: USB Composite Device, HP Officejet 4200, USB Printing Support and hp officeject 4200 series (DOT4USB) all as Ready to Use, followed by an entry for hpofficejet 4200 series as Failed.
And in the device manager, anything related to the name "HP Officejet 4200" appears to be installed and working, but there's a lone entry (with a question mark next to the icon) under other devices that's titled "hpofficejet 4200 series", just like the device driver entry that shows as Failed in the driver dialog box.
01-24-2014 10:13 AM
Thanks for the reply and sorry to hear those steps didn't help. I have a few more suggestions for you to try in hopes to get the installation to complete.
First of all, this is a troubleshooting guide for failed or stalled installs:
You can also check your system for missing or corrupted system files that may be causing this issue.
I work on behalf of HP
01-25-2014 12:14 PM
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS