Question

Student
work2
Message 1 of 2 (271 Views)

officejet 6500 E710

my computer can not find a driver to reinstall the office jet 6500 E710.  it keeps installing in as a 709n-z .  This is not allowing the scan function to work.  I really need a scanner.  It installed fine when I bought it but after my recent harddrive replacement I have not been able to get it to re install.  any suggestions.

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 2 (237 Views)

Re: officejet 6500 E710

Hi work2,

I understand you are not able to install the proper software and drivers for your HP OfficeJet 6500 E710. Can you please let me know which Operating system you are running?

If you are using a Windows Operating system like Windows 7 and up you do have the ability to run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows, it was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

Please run the HP utility and let me know if this was successful, if you are running an older Operating system, reply with the information and I can locate the proper drivers for you.

Thank you,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation