10-04-2009 10:16 AM
I had the same problem, even scanning over the network. New drivers wouldn't install in Vista, because they were XP. At last I installed the first drivers, before XP (Windows NT). The setup worked in Vista, I think because Vista is also NT. The setup said that it couldn't install the printer and fax driver, but at the end (go further until the end of the install) I got the scanner function work again. After the install you have to add the Hp printer in Vista yourself. So now you can even use the Director again, except for the fax function.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS