11-26-2013 07:38 AM
Just going to list a procedure I used to hook up an Officejet pro L7590 to my windows 7computer.
I need someone to try this out and tell me if it worked for them ( it worked for both of my computers ).
- uninstall the printer if installed and use the HP unistall to remove the software.
- Reboot to complete the uninstall.
- Download and install CCleaner and run it to repair registry issues.
- Download and run "Windows Installer cleanup utility"
- "If you have the program installed, open it in Start - All Programs - Windows Install Cleanup. It then opens up and you should see a list of many program name. Please have a look there if you find the following entries "32/64 bit HP Cio installer", "bpd_scan", "scan". If you find this, please select the program and press the "remove"."
- Restart computer.
- Search the computer C drive program files for the folder HP, look inside and if it has the folders marked CIO, Digital Imaging and software updater, then go back to the HP folder and delete it.
- Load newest version of HP software
- at the review installation options box - click on "select software" then uncheck everything except for the top two and OCR then click on OK then Next.
- When the connect device now window opens check the box that says "unable to connect now" and hit next and then look for the install shortcut on desktop and make sure its checked then hit finish.
- Restart computer
- Use the desktop HP short cut "install new device".
- use USB connect and hit next
- When connect device now appears use the "connect using USB cable"
-Hit finish button
- Cancel the register product now window.
- Cancel the registration now window
-at the end of device install use "print test page" to confiem install
- NOW install more software using the button that says " More software "
-then press the "more" button and select the "Solutions center software "
-Click finish and exit.
- Double click the HP Solutions desktop shortcut and test your new capabilities.
Please respond to tell me how it worked out ???
Thank you for testing.
12-02-2013 08:39 AM
You can use the cd or download the drivers and then plug the printer in when prompted to install the printer software. Here is a document for the different ways to install the printer.
I have included the drivers link for you to download.
Win7 32 bit drivers.
Win7 64 bit drivers.
Hope this helps.
12-02-2013 01:03 PM
Thank you. My problem with my HP Officejet Pro L7780 AiO arose after upgrading to Windows 8.1 64-bits.
After that, the printer only printed in mirror! I really tried everything, including installing the latest software and drivers (an enormous amount op Mb's!). That did not help.
Then I got smart, at last, and looked at the options/preferences or whatever. There 'mirror' appeared inexplicably as being selected! Not by me, but apparently in the process of upgrading or so. By that that time, I was only halfway installing the latest software and drivers, and the scanning function no longer worked. Somehow I also solved that problem. So everything is OK now.
Thank you for your efforts.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS