08-11-2009 09:57 AM
Apologies and thanks in advance to whoever reponds to this question.
I'd like to know which driver to use for an old HP DJ 832c printer on Windows 98.
My searches on this site have turned up both dj871en.exe and dj872en.exe files and their descriptions are vague as to which one should actually be used for W98 or what the differences are. I did the search by searching the printer number and then selecting the OS out of a list. But under W98 all that was listed was a supplemental uninstaller routine for if the install went bad to fix the registry. So that's when I also looked under the W95 and W3.x OS selections. The W95 page shows these two files and their respective pages show W95 under the "compatibilty" heading, but W98 is listed as compatible under "description". Any help here would be much appreciated.
08-13-2009 01:54 PM
Very valid questions. You are correct, Officejet Drivers for the HP Deskjet 832c are both Win 95 and Win 98 compatible at Version 11.1.4. Both of these drivers are exactly the same, the difference between the two drivers is language support. Since both of them support English on the Windows 95 page they appear as duplicate links, so either one will work.
Best of luck!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS