old Windows 98 question and Deskjet 832c driver (580 Views)
Honor Student
Tsmothers
Message 1 of 2 (580 Views)

old Windows 98 question and Deskjet 832c driver

Apologies and thanks in advance to whoever reponds to this question.

I'd like to know which driver to use for an old HP DJ 832c printer on Windows 98.

My searches on this site have turned up both dj871en.exe and dj872en.exe files and their descriptions are vague as to which one should actually be used for W98 or what the differences are. I did the search by searching the printer number and then selecting the OS out of a list. But under W98 all that was listed was a supplemental uninstaller routine for if the install went bad to fix the registry. So that's when I also looked under the W95 and W3.x OS selections. The W95 page shows these two files and their respective pages show W95 under the "compatibilty" heading, but W98 is listed as compatible under "description". Any help here would be much appreciated.

Intern
CDGuru
Message 2 of 2 (555 Views)

Re: old Windows 98 question and Deskjet 832c driver

Hi Tsmothers,

Very valid questions. You are correct, Officejet Drivers for the HP Deskjet 832c are both Win 95 and Win 98 compatible at Version 11.1.4. Both of these drivers are exactly the same, the difference between the two drivers is language support. Since both of them support English on the Windows 95 page they appear as duplicate links, so either one will work.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=19&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=59862

Best of luck!

Regards,

CDGuru

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation