Question

Honor Student
SSBA
Message 1 of 6 (123 Views)

photos will not print in color on photo paper

I was out of two colors, put new ones in, cleaned and aligned the cartridges but when I put in photo paper, they only print in black.  If I copy and paste them to regular paper, it prints in color.       

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 6 (100 Views)

Re: photos will not print in color on photo paper

Hello SSBA,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to print color when using photo paper. I will do my best to assist you! First, I need to ask you some questions to clarify this issue:

1. First, I need to find out your operating system on your computer? Windows or Mac?
2. What type of printer do you have? Click here to find out: Model Number.

3. What type of photo paper are you using?

4. What program are you using on your computer?

Please verify this information and I will assist you further. Have a great night! :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
SSBA
Message 3 of 6 (85 Views)

1. First, I need to find out your operating system on your computer? Windows or Mac?

Answer: Windows 7

2. What type of printer do you have? Click here to find out: Model Number.

HP Photosmart 5520 e-all in one series

3. What type of photo paper are you using?

HP photopaper that came with my HP ink cartridges.

4. What program are you using on your computer?

Not sure what you mean.  I'm printing from jpgs.

*We've had the printer about 2 years and never had this problem printing before.  We haven't changed anything on our computer or the printer either.  I"m puzzled that it will print the same photo in color on a plain piece of paper but the photo paper.  Also, the icons on the screen keep rotating through how to print, etc and that has never happened before.  Don't kno w how to make it stop.

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 4 of 6 (66 Views)

Thank you for this information.

Please follow this entire HP document on Printing Photos Saved on Your Computer or Memory Card. When printing on photo paper, you want to make sure all the print settings within the program you're printing are correct. This document will help you. Make sure you don't have "Print in grayscale" is turn on when printing this photo.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
SSBA
Message 5 of 6 (60 Views)

I have followed all the instructions to a "t" and the photos still print in grayscale on photo paper and color on regular paper.  All the settings show it should be in color.  I cannot figure out how to fix this and I can't be the first person to ever have this problem.

Help

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 6 of 6 (43 Views)

Thank you for this information again.

I would recommend contacting HP technical support for further assistance. Click here to find out: HP Worldwide Contact. Good luck.

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation